What's new

The greatest and most unusual movie WEAPONS. (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
As Ordell Robbie would say in Jackie Brown:

AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The point-of-view gun from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
JonZ, I was thinking of that 3 section staff as well!

I also love Lightsabers.

In Audition there is some great use of acupuncture needles and one of those cord saws....

CoreyII

Second Unit
12.) The bone gun from Existenz - only Cronenberg could dream up something like that.

11.) The Double Barrled Laser Guns from the Black Hole - Nifty.

10.) The Identity Discs from Tron - o.k. I know it was probably just a WHAM-O toy but it still rocked.

9.) The Lawgiver from Judge Dredd - almost as cool as Robocop's gun.

8.) The Weirding Modules from Dune - very imaginative weapons.

7.) Rambo's Compound Bow and Arrow with the explosive warheads - Legolas may be a better shot, but Rambo will take out way more orcs with just one arrow.

6.) Conan's sword that was bequeated to him by his father - quite simply a beautiful piece of steel

5.) Conan's Atlantean Steel Sword - quite simply an even more beautiful piece of steel.

4.) The smart gun and the smaller riffle from Aliens - with weapons that badass, I'll join the Marines for the rest of my life.

3.) The mini-gun from Predator and T-2 - pure machismo, gotta love it.

2.) Robocop's Gun - bad to the bone.

AND FINALLY

1.) THE LIGHTSABRE - THERE SIMPLY IS NO SUBSTITUTE. Despite how bad the prequels maybe to some, the LIGHTSABRE still kicks ass. Everytime I see a Star Wars flick, I can almost feel the weapons energy as it hums and crackles with power.

****** SPECIAL SECTION, ANIMATED WEAPONS **************

7.) He-Man's sword

6.) The Sword of Omens from ThunderCats

5.) The PowerStar from Black Star (It splits into the Star Sword and the Power Sword)

4.) Princess Yo-Yo bombs from Battle of the Planets

3.) Jasons Gun from Battle of the Planets

2.) Mark's Sonic Boomerang from Battle of the Planets

AND FINALLY

1.) THE WAVE MOTION GUN FROM STAR BLAZERS.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Ah I just remembered the 4 barrel shotgun in PHANTASM 2.

The Pulse Rifle from ALIENS is hands down one of the coolest movie weapons ever.

"what type of rounds do those pulse rifles fire?"

"10mm explosive tipped caseless standard light armor piercing rounds, why?"

Justin_P

Stunt Coordinator
These threads are always fun. I have to add a few myself:

Everyday items used as weapons:

Oxygen tank from Jaws

The Magic Belt from Pootie Tang (complete with sacred heart belt buckle!)

Train axles
from the Island

Otis the Ax from Frailty

Vehicles:

Giant crane from Terminator 3 (WOW!!)

Deathmobile from Animal House

Cheesy, but memorable and kind of cool:

The bizarre dagger from The Shadow - the only memorable part of the entire movie!

And finally, vengeful people - these people are weapons:

The Bride from Kill Bill

Jason Bourne from the Bourne Identity

John McClane from the Die Hard movies - DO NOT WRECK HIS DAY

and last, but certainly not least

William Munny (outta Missouri, killer of women and children) from Unforgiven - he's just MEAN

Clint Eastwood could kick anyone's ass just by looking at 'em.

Justin

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
The .44 magnum automag from Sudden Impact.

"When properly used, it can remove the fingerprints."

Of course, Clint Eastwood in full Dirty Harry mode could even make a Q-Tip seem ominous. :D

I also liked the longer and longer barreled pistols Clint kept pulling out to one-up Burt Reynolds in City Heat; he was openly spoofing his tough guy/Dirty Harry persona.

Bruce Campbell's chainsaw - in any of his movies.

The long barreled pistol the Joker (Jack Nicholson) pulled out in Batman to shoot down the Bat-plane (?).

Of course, you cannot beat the six shooters in most movies that can fire far more than six rounds without stopping to reload! :D

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
CoryII, you forgot:

****** SPECIAL SECTION, ANIMATED WEAPONS **************

The Sunsword from Thundarr the Barbarian

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Mad Max's black V8 Interceptor ;)

Conan's Atlantean Sword

Seth Gecko's Vampire Impaler from Dusk Till Dawn.

No one has mentioned Rambo's knife???

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
How about Leatherface's chainsaw? Freddy's glove? Always been some of my favorites in the horror genre.

For Star Wars, my favorite weapon (besides lightsabres) is Boba Fett's rifle (from Empire). And can General Grevious himself be considered a weapon? :D

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Tribbles. Good for eating your enemy out of house and home (can introducing tribbles be considered an act of attempted genocide?), or for annoying Klingons.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Another that I should have mentioned in my first post, the particle beam gun that fires down from the 15 mile-wide Destroyer ships in Independance Day.

I like the way it was designed to fire, a gathering storm of particles swarms around the core until it heats up enough to fire and flatten a whole city, very cool. :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Two rather underrated ones.

the Flying Guillotine in "Master of the Flying Guillotine." WICKED little weapon.

And I like this only because I wrote a short story my first year of college that used this in a similar style, and then a year later I find out Robert Rodriguez had the same idea: A paper cutter (one of those flat ones with the big hinge action blade on the edge) as a cutting weapon. My short story had the character using it almost like the flying guillotine--hitting someone in the head with the table section, and then cutting off a hand with the lever. In "The Faculty" directed by Rodriguez, Josh Hartnett's character simply yanks the blade/lever off the table section and de-fingers Jon Stewart in one swoop.

Thought that was a great weapon.

I'd also like to point out that both Gremlins AND Aliens are considered weapons in and of themselves. Especially the Alien.

And most recently, Constantine's crucifix shotty was a nice touch. not as cool as Seth Gecko's baseball bat/shotty crucifix combo, but still pretty decent.

CoreyII

Second Unit
Raasean Assad states:

"CoryII, you forgotSPECIAL SECTION, ANIMATED WEAPONS **************The Sunsword from Thundarr the Barbarian"

Hey Raasean Assad, I did mention Thundarr's sword its called a Lightsabre :D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Ah, Sword & The Sorcerer.....is it serious? Oh hell no!
Is it high budget? Oh hell no!
Is it complemented with a logical well thought out plot? Oh hell no!
Is it filled with fantastic acting on all fronts? Oh hell NAH!
Is it good campy, nekid women, blood galore, Richard Lynch in a good meaty bad guy roll, fairly good makeup FX (for the budget), cheesy repetitive David Whitaker wanna-be epic score, Kathleen Beller looking as cute as she ever did, "Bull" in lizard makeup, sexist fun? Oh HELL YEAH!

You gotta love the shear ballsy ridiculousness of the projectile tri-sword

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/chefel..._s&c_sword.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks