What's new

"The Greatest American Hero" coming in February! (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
According to TVShowsonDVD.com , Anchor Bay is releasing season 1 of "The Greatest American Hero" (3-DVDs) on February 8, 2005. I can't wait! I loved this show when I was a kid. :D

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
I was really looking forward to this one, but after seeing what a horrendously lousy job Cannell & Anchor Bay did on the 21 Jump Street dvd, I'm going to hold off on buying this until after street date so I can see what the reviews sound like. Caveat Emptor, and all.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure that the A/V quality on this won't be so great in light of the age of the show and the reviews for other Cannell shows. Still, I'd buy this set even if it was sub-VCR quality, I love this show so darn much. The price is right,too, considering that there aren't many episodes for the first season.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
:D :D :D :D :D

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!

*Matt does his happy naked dance*

You have no idea how long Ive awaited this.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
well its about time!!! :emoji_thumbsup:
iv been waiting on this release a long... long time.
i knew it was going to be a 3 disk set.
oh happy days... :D

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
It would be nice if they had William Katt and Robert Culp do a commentary track on a couple of episodes. The two of them were great together on the show. :)

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
GAH has been recently run on Showcase in Canada. The prints I've seen looked very good. Significantly better than the prints played of 21 Jump Street on one of my local stations (in Philly). So I suspect the source material for GAH may be superior to start with, and I'm hoping for a nice release of the show.

I have this show off the original ABC run, and I'm ready to place my order for the DVD set *now*!

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Aw hell, I'm all over this. I already told my fiance that I'm buying it no matter what, despite the fact that we're buying a house and planning a spring wedding. She asked me if I wanted her to sew me a supersuit. How cool is that???? :D

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

Well I've only seen 2 online stores selling it: DVD Planet for $20.97 (not including shipping & handling) and Deep Discount DVD for $17.99 (including Free shipping). I have no idea what it would normally sell for. But I doubt you'll find a deal that's better than Deep Discount DVD. :)

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator

Really? Even after exchange/Canada Post fees/duties/etc.?
Do you have them ship to Canada?

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
The only way I won't buy this is if they change the theme music. (They wouldn't be that cheap and dumb, would they?)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Ouch! The loss of the theme song would really hurt. Let's hope the rights holders aren't as money-hungry as the ones holding the rights to the themes for Dawson's Creek and Married with Children.

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
Since the theme song was written and produced specifically for the show, I doubt very much that it would be cut from the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks