What's new

The Greater Cleveland (Ohio) Area Meet Thread V.1 (1 Viewer)

Sorry I missed this. Looking at everyones equipment, you guys have some great setups.....when is the next meet? I would like to try and be there for the next one.....

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Welcome Eric and Pete,

i think we were planning on getting together sometime soon...what parts of cleveland are you guys in? what do you guys have? i hope you play halo, if you do we might be able to get a two boxer going...

pete, sorry i missed your post, i am not sure about the dimming, but if the guys at avs at talking about it, i would guess that it would be a major concern. although i wouldn't know first hand, since i have never owned a projector.

ferdinand, whats this i hear halo 2 is now pushed back yet again? till 4/1/04

Mike

Hey Mike-

I live in Wellington, which if any of you guys dont know where that is, its about 10 miles south of Oberlin, and Oberlin is about 20 miles west of N. Olmsted on 480. So way the hell out in nowhere land.
Yeah, thats true about Halo 2, not until April 1, and I wouldnt be surprised if it gets delayed again. Yeah, I have Halo, playing through legendary for the 3rd time, can't get enough of it.

Here is a humble list of my equipment:

Mitsubish 55809-ISFd by Chuck Williams, bought at Audio Visions
Harman Kardon AVR 430 (Christmas gift and still tweaking!!)
Denon DVD 3800 (Also bought at Audio Visions, great place!)
Zenith HD 420 (Loving every minute of Hi Def!)
Dish 500 (yeah, old, but still good for regular TV)
JVC VCR-Just for my kids videos
XBox and XBox live
Speakers:
Polk Audio RT800 towers
Polk Audio CS400 center channel
Polk Audio FXi50s for the rears
Cerwin Vega Sub-150
Sony SA-WM40 (yeah I know, desperatly needs upgraded-looking at HSU, SVS)

I dont have pictures up yet, but I will soon.....

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Welcome Eric and Pete,

We'll definetly have to have another meet soon, now that the holiday business is over. And a Halo meet is not out of the question either. We'll have to get together with LaMarcus and see when we're all available.

Today, I am going to try out using my REF50's video switching so I don't have to swtich wires between the DVD player and the X-Box anymore. A lot more convenient!

But, I have a final tomorrow, so I can't play around too much.:frowning:

George

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
seems like you got some nice stuff there eric, legendary halo is pretty fun...i must have beaten it around 10 times on legendary...the first time is definitely the hardest...right now i am trying to get through legendary with only using human weapons along with plasma gernades...it is f-ing hard..

george, that's cool that you got a switcher box...it should make things much easier

ferdinand you still out there? how much could a playstation 1 be traded in for? my girlfriend has one and wants to get rid of it.

Mike

Mike-
Thanks, yeah I really enjoy it. I am sure you like the HK, seeing as you have one also. Love the sound, nice, smooth, warm, yet detailed and of course lots of power.
I am trying to get through each level without dying this time, only twice have i died, once where you get beamed up into the alien spacecraft, and then where you are in the alien launch bay, and you get attacked by 2 hunters after only clearing out tons of covenant.....have to use lots of cover, and the sniper rifle is my best friend right now.

RobertRich

Grip
Happy birthday, George! Don't feel too old next to this 35 y/o relic who still likes to play with electronic toys (albeit expensive ones...).

By the way....I'm really enjoying my Onix Rocket ELTs. I even upgraded my DVD player over the holiday to a JVC XV-SA602SL ($99 special at Crutchfield for a $299 MSRP machine that's gotten good reviews) so I can listen to DVD-A AND watch DVD-V.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. I don't think 30 is old or anything, I just can't believe I've gotten this old so fast. Seems like I just got out of high school. Maybe because I haven't matured yet!
:D

Ferdinand,

Where the hell are you? Holiday rush is over! Oh, and if I didn't mention it, could you hook up your answering machine? It's easier than your A/V set-up.:D

George

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Happy Birthday George, i must have missed it in the birthdays section...

Welcome in Robert, i have heard good things about those rockets. where abouts in cleveland are you?

I think with all the new people that we should schedule another meet...what do you think george?

i would vote for either the 23rd, 24th, 30th, or 31st of this month, is this good or bad for anyone?

eric, you are at my favorite spot in halo mission mode...i can just play that spot nonstop, just after the gravity lift with all the covenant, especially the all the swordsman on legendary

Mike

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I was thinking the same thing, Mike. I also was thinking of getting a Cleveland VS. Cincinnatti Halo match going, if LaMarcus can get a couple of players. Or we can just do a normal match if you guys just want to play each other. I am all for watching from the sidelines so I don't become an easy score for all of you!:angry:

What date is good for everyone else? The dates Mike suggested all sound good. If we get enough interest, we might have to start another thread.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
where did everyone go?

george, i have had my eye on the benQ6200 lately...i think that i might get this one after much research...there really is starting to be a ton of options for pj's under 2 large

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
What are the specs on it, Mike?

ATTENTION CLEVELAND AREA GUYS!!! We want to know if there's interest in another meet. When is everyone available so we can come up with a date? Please chime in.

Later,
George

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks