1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The GREAT WHITE CONCERT FIRE (merged thread)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Stout, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I have been seeing this story on the news the past few hours. This is just terrible...

Several dead as fire consumes nightclub

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I just heard this on The Today Show. [​IMG]

3. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

this sucks. i pray for the victims and the families of victims. RIP Ty Longley

*edit* can't trust the news. my local station said Mark Kendall *edit*

4. JamesD

JamesD Auditioning

Mark Kendall is not among the dead. The bands 2nd guitarist Ty Longley is missing.

5. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

This is just terrible. I can't count the number of club shows I've been to that had some type of pyro. You just never think something like that will happen... [​IMG]

6. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

It really caught my attention when I heard it was Great White that was playing. They have been one of my favorite bands since I was in junior high school ('82-84). I must own just about every CD (and some records still) that they have ever released. Last night when I posted that, one source was saying up to 10 people may have died. I was quite shocked to look at CNN.com this morning and see it was at least 54. This is just horrible...

7. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    I'm still in shock, This place is only about 5 miles away from where I live [​IMG]

8. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Second Unit

My prayers go out to the friends and families of the people who's lives were lost last night. Tragic Just Tragic.

9. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

10. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

According to CNN as of 2pm Central on 2/21 the death toll is at 86 and could hit triple digits.[​IMG]

11. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    Starting to sound more and more like the band are the ones that are not telling the truth about whether or not the management where informed of the pyrotechnics in advance.

Over at The Smoking Gun

12. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

13. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Read about it here

I must certainly say this is tragic. I saw coverage on CNN today and am still watching it. Not all bodies have been recovered and over 100 people were injured.

Who's to blame? Owners? Band? I read in the article that the band has used fireworks before in their shows without asking permission from the club owners. Did this happen again?

I can't believe how quickly the place went up. [​IMG]
    Many people thought it was part of the show and the place went up in 3 minutes! Looking at the faces of those people on the videos being played on CNN were so sad...knowing that most of them didn't make it out alive.

This sucks!

Your thoughts and feelings of who is to blame and what charges might be brought up?

14. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

Too early to say who's fault this but it is very tragic.

15. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Well, is it the band's fault or the manager's fault? I would assume it's the manager dealing with this kind of things.

Either way, it's a tragedy for everyone. Makes it worse if it involves foul play though. [​IMG]

16. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Looks like a lot of finger pointing is going on right now. None of us knows just who is telling the truth yet. I really feel it is too early to point the blame at anyone at this time.

It is a sad day indeed...

17. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

I have just read a post on a car message board I'm apart of and three members were inside when it happened and he gave an eye witness account as to what happened and of him, his wife and his friends escape. It was a truly horrific thing to read. I can post it here (his own words) if you all would like a true account from someone who was there to see..

Indeed, tragic

18. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

This happened 3 blocks down the street from me. I cannot believe I did not hear anything about it until my mother called at 7:00 this morning. A truly tragic day for my adopted state of RI. The good thing is, the firefighters got 164 people out even after the blaze had consumed the building. These people would have perished had it not been for the quick response. They are saying that all the terror alert quick response training the emergency personnel have been through may have saved some lives.

19. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Haven't heard too much of this...but I must say I was a big Great White fan in their heyday, and yes, they did have a heyday. Great 80's music. Sad day in all.

Chris

20. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I have been to the Station many times and can't belive this senseless tragedy. Both the band and club management(who knows who's responsible yet) should have known better than to stage a pyrotechnics show without a permit. Such a small place with low ceilings and no sprinkler system is a fire disaster waiting to happen. This is a sad day. [​IMG]