What's new

The GREAT WHITE CONCERT FIRE (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I have been seeing this story on the news the past few hours. This is just terrible...

Several dead as fire consumes nightclub

"It went up like a Christmas tree," Jack Russell, Great White's lead singer, told The Providence Journal. "I was trying to put it out with a bottle of water. I turned around and the building was engulfed. My sound man is injured. I'm on my way to the hospital. I'm missing my guitar player."

Patrick_L

Second Unit
this sucks. i pray for the victims and the families of victims. RIP Ty Longley

*edit* can't trust the news. my local station said Mark Kendall *edit*

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
This is just terrible. I can't count the number of club shows I've been to that had some type of pyro. You just never think something like that will happen... :frowning:

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
It really caught my attention when I heard it was Great White that was playing. They have been one of my favorite bands since I was in junior high school ('82-84). I must own just about every CD (and some records still) that they have ever released. Last night when I posted that, one source was saying up to 10 people may have died. I was quite shocked to look at CNN.com this morning and see it was at least 54. This is just horrible...

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
My prayers go out to the friends and families of the people who's lives were lost last night. Tragic Just Tragic.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
According to CNN as of 2pm Central on 2/21 the death toll is at 86 and could hit triple digits.:frowning:

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Starting to sound more and more like the band are the ones that are not telling the truth about whether or not the management where informed of the pyrotechnics in advance.

Over at The Smoking Gun

The band Great White's performance rider contains no mention whatsoever of pyrotechnics being used during the rock group's current tour of clubs and small theaters, The Smoking Gun has learned. TSG today (2/21) obtained copies of the band's rider from two separate promoters who booked shows by the group during the past month. A copy of the Great White performance specs can be found below....

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
the band are the ones that are not telling the truth
Great White will be tied up in court for years, as they should. Mr. Santana, the owner of The Stone Pony in Asbury Park said they pulled the same thing at his club last week.

Terribly negligent and dangerous behavior. They deserve whatever they get. :thumbsdown:

I am very sad to see the death toll rising. My prayers go out to the families.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Read about it here

I must certainly say this is tragic. I saw coverage on CNN today and am still watching it. Not all bodies have been recovered and over 100 people were injured.

Who's to blame? Owners? Band? I read in the article that the band has used fireworks before in their shows without asking permission from the club owners. Did this happen again?

I can't believe how quickly the place went up. :frowning:
Many people thought it was part of the show and the place went up in 3 minutes! Looking at the faces of those people on the videos being played on CNN were so sad...knowing that most of them didn't make it out alive.

This sucks!

Your thoughts and feelings of who is to blame and what charges might be brought up?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, is it the band's fault or the manager's fault? I would assume it's the manager dealing with this kind of things.

Either way, it's a tragedy for everyone. Makes it worse if it involves foul play though. :frowning:

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Looks like a lot of finger pointing is going on right now. None of us knows just who is telling the truth yet. I really feel it is too early to point the blame at anyone at this time.

It is a sad day indeed...

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I have just read a post on a car message board I'm apart of and three members were inside when it happened and he gave an eye witness account as to what happened and of him, his wife and his friends escape. It was a truly horrific thing to read. I can post it here (his own words) if you all would like a true account from someone who was there to see..

Indeed, tragic

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
This happened 3 blocks down the street from me. I cannot believe I did not hear anything about it until my mother called at 7:00 this morning. A truly tragic day for my adopted state of RI. The good thing is, the firefighters got 164 people out even after the blaze had consumed the building. These people would have perished had it not been for the quick response. They are saying that all the terror alert quick response training the emergency personnel have been through may have saved some lives.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Haven't heard too much of this...but I must say I was a big Great White fan in their heyday, and yes, they did have a heyday. Great 80's music. Sad day in all.

Chris

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I have been to the Station many times and can't belive this senseless tragedy. Both the band and club management(who knows who's responsible yet) should have known better than to stage a pyrotechnics show without a permit. Such a small place with low ceilings and no sprinkler system is a fire disaster waiting to happen. This is a sad day. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks