What's new

The great Super Bowl bet movie review thread (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The challenge came in from the illustrious Mr. Kissinger. I should have known better. "So, who do you think will win the Super Bowl?" He asked innocently. Despite hating the Raiders with every fiber of my being, I said, "the Raiders." "Care for a wager?" He responded. Thinking to myself, I wonder if I could actually condsider betting for the Raiders to win the big one. As a Coloradoan and lifelong Bronco fan, I risk being deported from my favorite state by doing so. I just felt too strongly that the Raiders had it in the bag. "OK, but lets not bet money, but something that involves some sort of public humiliation." "Exactly what I was thinking" Brian said. Another bad sign.

By half time I was actually rooting for the Bucs, having accepted the price I would pay for their winning. Of course, the Damn Raiders had to make it look like a game early in the fourth quarter and I found myself, much to my horror, cheering for them. It didn't last long and the Bucs managed to put several nails in the Raider coffin. In the end, seeing Rich Gannon throw a Super Bowl record 5 interceptions, three of which were run back for touchdowns, which has to be a record as well, and seeing Jon Gruden hand Al Davis his head :D made it all worth it.

So, the critical information, what was the bet? The loser (that would be me) has to see Kangaroo Jack and post a review of it right here on the HTF. I hope to have it done by the end of the week.

And don't make wagers with Kissinger.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

A fine day, indeed. Of course, the Raiders are the only thing Coloradoans dislike more than Texans. :p)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, we all lost this bet because every dollar K.Jack makes is another nail in the coffin of good taste. ;)

(ok, somehow I think cinema will survive, but I would avoid future bets involving the eventual K.Jack 2 :laugh: )

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
It's good to be King, if Just for awhile
To be there in velvet, yeah to give em a smile

Dear friends, please don't be a John and fall victim to one of the classic blunders. The most well known is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less known is never go in against a Kissinger when humiliation is on the line!

Cue the maniacal laughter.

Thanks for being a good sport, John.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
...and does anyone have the slightest idea what Rain is talking about? :laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And who here is going to volunteer to also see KJ in order to confirm John is really reviewing this film and not some generic, kangaroo chase film? :D

Terry St

Second Unit
I say raise the stakes. Bet Kissinger you can get kicked out of "Kangaroo Jack"!!! (Just don't pull a Peewee Herman)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Shoot, it'll be on video by then!

The idea behind the bet was public humiliation! :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, it's just been one of those weeks. Next week will either be better.....or it won't :D

OK, Paul, what do you call a deer with no eyes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks