What's new

The Great Race Blu-ray via WAC - 9/9 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I got the shipping notice on either Friday or Saturday announcing a Tuesday delivery, but if I wish very, very hard, might it come on Monday? I hope so.

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
This is one of my all-time favorite films -- I saw it multiple times at our local theater when I was a kid -- wore out the soundtrack -- grabbed the LD when it appeared -- and kept the HDNet high definition broadcast version on my cable box for years until the box died. My favorite moment takes place during the swooning waltz sequence in Pottsdorf. Jack Lemmon, as the tipsy prince, and other cast members join in the swirling dance -- and, just for a brief moment late in the dance montage, the Prince is seen gliding by with one of his male guards in his arms...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough said:
I got the shipping notice on either Friday or Saturday announcing a Tuesday delivery, but if I wish very, very hard, might it come on Monday? I hope so.
Alas, the mail delivery today did not bring me this wonderful film. I guess tomorrow it'll be. :(

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Matt Hough said:
Alas, the mail delivery today did not bring me this wonderful film. I guess tomorrow it'll be. :(
I bet mine will be the same.....yesterday tracking for both this and 3 KLSC titles said they were in Charlotte NC.....about 90 miles from where I live in Upstate SC. Today it shows they are in my town but delivery won't be til tomorrow.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Mine also surprisingly arrived today. Usually Saturday shipping = Tuesday delivery. This time I got lucky.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Got it!

And I've been out all evening but I shall be checking it out before hitting the sack tonight, you can be sure of that.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Wow. Looks much better than I had hoped.
Watching this makes it feel like 1965 again.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mine came yesterday, but I'm in the middle of watching Agents of SHIELD for review. When I finish with it this afternoon, The Great Race will go straight on the player. I can't wait!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
frik said:
Rub it in, guys, mine hasn't even been shipped yet.. :(

sk
Yeah, same here, & I'm in the UK so it's going to be the end of the month or longer, but no rush, as it's going to be a Christmas viewing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Finished up my reviewing activities and had time to watch The Great Race in its entirety. 2 1/2 hours of heaven for me.

The pie fight looked particularly vivid to me. But all of the color and sharpness were right at the top of the line.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Has anyone noticed about 15 minutes or so into the film there is a dramatic drop in dialogue volume that lasts for a few minutes. I have a two speaker bose system.Low dialogue is noted for center channel on another review site..Sound effects and music are fine. As movie progresses there seems to be more of a balance.between all three.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
trajan said:
Has anyone noticed about 15 minutes or so into the film there is a dramatic drop in dialogue volume that lasts for a few minutes. I have a two speaker bose system.Low dialogue is noted for center channel on another review site..Sound effects and music are fine. As movie progresses there seems to be more of a balance.between all three.
I noticed on the original DVD that the dialogue was unusually soft, quite early in the film, but was better as the film progressed. This may be an elements issue, but a piffling one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks