The Great Indoors

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ChrisArmour, Nov 25, 2003.

1. ChrisArmour

ChrisArmour Stunt Coordinator

Have any of you been to this store. I was surpised when I found HT gear at this store, I thought it was just appliances and home furnishings. I was real surprised to see that all of the HT gear was about 30% off MSRP, and they carried brands several quality brands like, M&K, Polk, Loewe, and H/K. I thought I had found the jackpot, my delight quickly dissappeared when I realized that every peice of audio and video equipment was either a BLEM, or just outright bashed. So if you want discount damaged audio gear, go to The Great Indoors.

2. GarySI

GarySI Stunt Coordinator

Hey a Loewe with a blemish could be a grea deal if it still works to specs. They mak a great CRT.

3. ChrisArmour

A lot of the stuff could get buy with some carefull repainting, a lot of the speakers had some pretty substantial damage to the cabs, it broke my heart to see a pair of M&K LCR-750's that had looked like someone hit the corners of the cabs with a hammer.

4. Chad A

Chad A Stunt Coordinator

I felt the same way when I was led there by the wife.
    I was about to strangle myself when I noticed the audio/video area.
    I remember seeing some Jamo and Canton speakers if memory serves me right.

5. ChrisArmour

Thats too bad. I've seen at least three of these stores in MI, and youre in TX and who knows how many stores you have in your state and how many there are throughout the rest of the US. Assuming all of these stores have the same size audio graveyard, it's becomes pretty amazing, to me at least, how much new audio gear gets damaged before it ever reaches a consumer.