What's new

The great consolidated all-in-one OFFICE SPACE SE thread (1 Viewer)

Miles

Second Unit
Any updates on the SE? I'm hoping I can hold out on buying this... but if it's another year or two I may have to buy the "bare-bones" edition.

Thanks,

Miles

TerryPM

Agent
Bear in mind the current version is NOT anamorphic (I wish someone had warned me before I bought it- these days I just assume widescreen= anamorphic)

Jeff(R)

Second Unit
What's happening with the Office Space SE? Any possible release date or news? Last I heard (months ago) it was given the go ahead. I tried to search for past threads but could not locate any.
Jeff
Bob: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter: I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
This was brought up during Peter Staddon's last HTF chat, December 2nd 2002.

The Office Space SE is held up big time. Agents got involved and it got ugly in a

hurry. I think you will see Office Space 2 before you see the SE - but I haven't given up on it. . .

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Maybe this is an example of what Bill Hunt brought up in the Aliens 9 disc forum? (see page 9, perhaps someone wiser than me can post a link?). Did wild speculation by the internet comunity about the features cause the cancelation of the release?

Of course, that same speculation made me NOT buy the current release, as I too am holding out for the SE. (after reading the specs as published on many sights, and I believe by Mike Judge, I just can't bring myself to dish out the cash for the current version! Can anyone chime in on how that current version is, transfer wise?)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone chime in on how that current version is, transfer wise?
Russel, I have the current version, and I must say this. It is non-anamorphic 1.85:1, and honestly, I think that it is a great transfer. Sure, it isn't Lord of the Rings quality, but it is good considering it was made in 1999. I don't have a widescreen/HDTV, so I can't tell you what it looks like on one of those sets. But it looks fine on my 6 or 7 year old (approximately) 32 inch Sony, which has no S-Video input. :b

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
The transfer is pretty good but it's non-anamorphic...plus there's a full screen version lurking around at some retailers so watch which version you pick up. Overall though I'd say pick it up because it'll be awhile before a special edition.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It's not coming any time soon... just get the regular version. It REALLY isn't as bad as you think it is ;)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I have the regular version, and have watched it in FILL mode on my HDTV. I must say it looks pretty decent, again it would be much sharper and clear with an anamorphic transfer, but for the 15 bucks (Canadian) that they're asking for, I say go for it. It may be a WHILE before the SE comes out.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
office space 2, ya riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Dammit, why don't they make one? I know the first one did not make a lot of money, but it was done on a low budget. I can't think of anybody I know that hasn't seen Office Space (all they all love it). I think a sequel would be very profitable for Fox, considering it would likely have a low budget (maybe you would have to ditch Jennifer Aniston) but still....

I bet Office Space 2 would make at least 40 million at the box office and would cost maybe half of that to make.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I don't know about a sequel quality-wise. If Mike Judge was still aboard then he could spin something out but otherwise I think the story should end there.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
No, no Office Space 2! :angry: :angry:
They will just ruin it! (like almost every sequel to a intelligent comedy EVER)

Debbie E

Stunt Coordinator
I'd go ahead and buy the first one. For ~$15 you can get a great deal of replay value out of it in the meantime while a "supposed" SE is on the way.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Might I add that the menu is absolutely fantastic!!! Those of you who have it know what I am talking about. ;)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks