What's new

The great consolidated all-in-one OFFICE SPACE SE thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Thanks for the update Vince.

"...Okay...but I could set the building on fire."

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
"Each day I have to wait for this disc is the worst day of my life."

"So is today the worst day of your life?"

"Yeah."

"That's messed up."

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna hafta go ahead and get this one.
Then I'm gonna hafta go ahead and watch it.
:D
Jon

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Did anyone else notice "E-109" on a box in Milton's cubicle after he had to move? (After he moved and they moved all kinds of boxes into his cubicle) Wasn't E-109 the anti-virus, miracle cure in Outbreak? I'm not 100% sure.

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I've been meaning to talk to you...about your flair. The minimum pieces of flair is 15.

As Matt said earlier, Better late, than half assed. Can't wait for this release.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just digging through the archive, and the comment from fox was that the disc was "coming", and that there were certain issues that needed to be resolved. Any updates on this-realistically how long do you think will we have to wait for the disc?

Jodee

Screenwriter
My local movie theatre has a weekly Classic Film Series where they show an older film every weekend.
Imagine the smile on my face when I saw in the paper this weekend that Office Space was this week's "Classic Film."
:)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I think I read somewhere, perhaps in another discussin about the SE, that this new edition will be full frame only.

Not really sure where I heard this, but I do remember reading it. Ryan, it wasn't a wise move getting rid of your copy right now, I did the same thing with the 'Die Hard' trilogy and it took a whole year before the new DTS versions were released.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
John, I think you're a bit confused. It was noted somewhere that Fox would be releasing a FF version, but that it would NOT be the SE, just a re-release of the original in horrid pan and scan.:angry:

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I think I read somewhere, perhaps in another discussin about the SE, that this new edition will be full frame only.
Not really. Fox is putting out another wave of pan & scan reissues (I want to say August 27?), and Office Space is one of these titles (Big, Dr. Dolittle, Dr. Dolittle 2, Anywhere But Here, and Kiss of the Dragon are the others). I caught this the other day on www.dvdfile.com . Should just be a pan & scan reissue of the current disc, with no new content added.
I'm still pretty sure that there has not been any kind of official announcement from Fox regarding the Special Edition, which apparently was delayed to late this year/early next year due to an auto wreck involving Mike Judge, which affected him getting out to L.A. from Texas to work on the disc.
-mwb-

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
I heard they're coming out with an SE of Office Space - when is the ETA? What will the disc(s) contain?
BTW: Absolutely fabulous movie - pissed my pants laughing! :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I went to the Columbia House website to turn down an outstanding Director's selection.

Anyway, under the "You Asked For It!" catagory, they had Office Space (Widescreen /w Trailer) listed.

Can anyone confirm this? If so, I'd pick it up in an instant.

Jodee

Screenwriter
The widescreen version has been available since 1999. It's non-anamorphic and pretty barebones.

It can be had for a cheap price if you want to own the movie, as it looks like the SE is still a ways off.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Sorry to have jumped the gun on that. What Jodee says is correct. The info in the thread I linked to is about an Office Space SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks