What's new

The great consolidated all-in-one OFFICE SPACE SE thread (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
I have seen some staplers red and otherwise that are smaller (mini) than your standard stapler in form

Maybe BB cut a great deal with a supplier

I am confused by the visual download statement but it is in conflict with the size of the package and verbage such as 'jam-packed', 'gift set', 'with flair' for this not to include those items in solid form

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The BB listing doesn't mention "Visual Downloads" -- it simply states that you get all that stuff.

It's probably mini-sized stuff for the most part, but it's still pretty neat (and reasonably priced).

MatS

Screenwriter
Jeff is correct per the 2 different links I posted as well

by the way pretty smart move by them to do an exclusive on 11/1 the same day SW EP III comes out

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
A quick question: If you pre-order at Bestbuy, do they charge your card right away, or do they wait until it ships?
Wonder how many they will have in-store on 11/1 and if it will be the same price?
I'd love to go that morning & fight the SWs ubernerds to get in just to go & grab the Office Space box :D
If BB would offer a pre-order of Episode 3 then I'd pre-order both now, but it doesn't seem to be available yet.
No mention of a commentary on Office Space? That's a disappointment.
(sorry about the ubernerd comment)

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
this HAS to be anamorphic right? I haven't seen this one yet, and have it coming in from netflix tomorrow. I think I'll return it and wait for netflix to get this new SE.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I just read the review of this DVD on thedigitalbits. The review says that there is no commentary or Milton animated shorts. Just a 30 min featurette and some deleted scenes and trailers. The review said that what is on the disc is of good quality. But what gives with the commentary and Milton shorts being dropped?

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
this HAS to be anamorphic right? I haven't seen this one yet, and have it coming in from netflix tomorrow. I think I'll return it and wait for netflix to get this new SE
Good luck. I think it will be a never ending wait due to Netflix never upgrading most titles.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Aside from the fact that the disc WAS released in widescreen, albeit non-anamorphicly so, before the full frame only edition, the Bits review was good, if a downer — we've all been begging for this for years, and here it comes... and it's not the droid we were looking for.

I would like to know what happened to the extra extras. If Fox was simply to cheap to compensate Judge for re-doing the disc for one of their top selling titles, that's just shameful. In any case, it's too bad, though I sold my old copy over a year ago, so I guess I'll be buying this anyway.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Mike Judge seems to be getting more unlikeable to fans of his work. First he doesn't allow the Milton shorts or do a commentary for the DVD... and now he is against releasing a complete Beavis & Butt-head Collection. Makes me sick...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In all fairness, it's not like he owes anyone a commentary for Office Space.

And he's said that he doesn't like certain episodes of Beavis And Butt-Head and that's why he doesn't want them released. While I'd rather see all the episodes (good or bad), I gotta respect him for not trying to bleed every cent out of it when he's embarassed by them.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Very good points, Travis.

However, if he wasn't going to release all the B & B episodes, he and MTV could have at least tried to obtain the rights to all (or most, since a lot of artists are [expletives] when it comes to music rights) of the music videos. That way, we'd have the closest thing to a complete set.

If they can work on obtaining all the music like they are doing for "The State," MTV can do the same for B & B.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm fine with Judge not doing a commentary if he doesn't want to.

I'm understanding of the incomplete Beavis & Butthead dvd release(s)- given the format of the show with all the music videos, wishing for 'complete' seems SO improbable and a waste of energy (I was never much of a B&B fan anyway, though).

But I'm very annoyed that this Office Space special doesn't include the Milton shorts (one of which I don't think I ever saw). That's such an obvious and essential thing... really wanna know why they're still omitted (problems with Broadway/Lorne Michaels, maybe?).

I'll probably get this release eventually (it's a very funny movie- I was at the first test screening in Pasadena where it was extremely well-received and met Judge there, confidently congratulating him that it would be a big hit- okay, so I was wrong, but in TIME...), but likely not any time soon (the Miltons would have made it an immediate purchase... damn).

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Good points, Dax.

Sometimes I wish that show creators would take into account the music and such that they are using in their show. They need to realize that a lot of fans identify music with certain parts of that show. When the music is changed or something is deleted from the DVD release, it's really disheartening.

I'm glad that The State is being done correctly, and won't be released without the original music intact. However, it seems like we'll never see that DVD released though, because of all the "red tape."

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse here but in today's BB sales circular there is a photo of the gift set box, which looks big, and a smaller photo of the contents. It shows the DVD case alongside the mousepad, stapler, pen/pencil, notepad, and coffee mug, etc. The description says nothing about "visual downloads". The picture clearly shows all these items sitting together.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
See image below:
1030ba10ap1_shay3_5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks