What's new

The Great American Western (1 Viewer)

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I recently purchased this box set for my dad for Father's Day. Before I give it to him I want to know what movies are actually in the set. I've googled this set up and down and even looked on DVD Profiler, no luck. Can anyone help me find out what movies are included in the set?

It's a 20 disc set put out by Platinum Disc Corporation.
I've found plenty of places to buy it online, but none of the sites give any info on the movies included.

Here is a link to the set I purchased.

If this helps, the UPC is 096009148690

Thanks

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I recently purchased this box set for my dad for Father's Day. Before I give it to him I want to know what movies are actually in the set. I've googled this set up and down and even looked on DVD Profiler, no luck. Can anyone help me find out what movies are included in the set?

It's a 20 disc set put out by Platinum Disc Corporation.
I've found plenty of places to buy it online, but none of the sites give any info on the movies included.

Here is a link to the set I purchased.

If this helps, the UPC is 096009148690

Thanks

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a 2 DVD set from Platinum that contains 8 movies also called "The Great American Western" (walmart bin $5.88 can)
One is Volume 1 & it has
-Beyond The Law
-Death Rides A Horse
-Days of Wrath
-God's Gun

The other is Volume 19 & it Has
-Joshua
-Kid Vengeance
-Four Rode Out
-Cry,Blood Apache

Take note that Volume one has all Italian Westerns on it LOL (which is why I bought them)& the quality on these is pretty terrible

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a 2 DVD set from Platinum that contains 8 movies also called "The Great American Western" (walmart bin $5.88 can)
One is Volume 1 & it has
-Beyond The Law
-Death Rides A Horse
-Days of Wrath
-God's Gun

The other is Volume 19 & it Has
-Joshua
-Kid Vengeance
-Four Rode Out
-Cry,Blood Apache

Take note that Volume one has all Italian Westerns on it LOL (which is why I bought them)& the quality on these is pretty terrible

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
The warning is, if you want only the very best quality and most well known titles, never buy from an unknown or non studio DVD company.
All you end up with is vastly inferior copies of mostly public domain titles.

Always stick to a major studio or leading distributor when making a purchase. ( unless you are desperate and the title is most unlikely to ever find its way to a studio release)

"One Eyed Jacks" is a perfect example of a major western that is in public domain and according to Paramount, is most unlikely to ever be released by that company.
Reason being that the market is flooded with ghastly quality copies.
So if you want "One Eyed Jacks" then I guess you have little choice but to purchase a terrible looking public domain copy.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
The warning is, if you want only the very best quality and most well known titles, never buy from an unknown or non studio DVD company.
All you end up with is vastly inferior copies of mostly public domain titles.

Always stick to a major studio or leading distributor when making a purchase. ( unless you are desperate and the title is most unlikely to ever find its way to a studio release)

"One Eyed Jacks" is a perfect example of a major western that is in public domain and according to Paramount, is most unlikely to ever be released by that company.
Reason being that the market is flooded with ghastly quality copies.
So if you want "One Eyed Jacks" then I guess you have little choice but to purchase a terrible looking public domain copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks