What's new

The Goodbye Girl (1977) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
102173_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Decades later, this Richard Dreyfuss performance remains brilliant and ever so worthy of the Oscar he received.
WAC had me at "Hello"; and its a "good buy", too.
Sold !!!

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Nice to see Warner taking these interests in Neil Simon films. Hope that The Prisoner of Second Avenue is on their future track.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link, Ron.

I guess I'll pre-order...although I wish it was less expensive. Do WAC Blu prices ever get much lower?

This movie (like most Dreyfuss performances) grates on my nerves. I rarely warm up to his characters (Mr. Holland's Opus being an exception. Where's the Blu of that film?). But, this film is an absolute favorite of my wife's...so I might earn some points with her with the order. But she did just watch my DVD copy of this a few months ago...

She's also become online acquaintances with Quinn Cummings--who has become a writer and released a collection of pet stories in a volume a few years ago.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I guess I'll pre-order...although I wish it was less expensive. Do WAC Blu prices ever get much lower?

It'll probably street at $16.99 or $17.99 on Amazon.

Sales directly from Warner Archive happen more infrequently these days, but in a year you might be able to get it as part of a bundle for closer to $12.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
$21.99 is the list price. It will be down around $14.99 on release date *IF* places like Best Buy and Target stock it on store shelves.

Mark

I didn't think Warner Archives titles were stocked in actual stores, but I'm so far removed from going into a store that I'm not 100% sure!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
$21.99 is the list price. It will be down around $14.99 on release date *IF* places like Best Buy and Target stock it on store shelves.

Mark
All the Warner Archive Blu-rays bottom out at $16.99 by release day. After that there are rare occasions when they are lower on special sales.
I didn't think Warner Archives titles were stocked in actual stores, but I'm so far removed from going into a store that I'm not 100% sure!
Correct. Warner Archive titles are only available through online retailers.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Nice to see Warner taking these interests in Neil Simon films. Hope that The Prisoner of Second Avenue is on their future track.
Always liked "Prisoner" since its initial release. It survives and has had a life - somewhat - throughout these years; but its never quite been among the films first brought up, when speaking of Neil Simon plays and films. Can't put my finger on why that is. I think its great that you brought this title to WAC's attention. Its fun watching Jack Lemmon and Anne Bancroft act together, as well; adding two more reasons for WAC's release of this film.
P.S. I got an 11x 14 color lobby card from "The Prisoner of Second Avenue" and got Anne Bancroft to autograph it backstage at a play that she was doing, when I was about 15; but damn, I never was able to get it balanced with a Jack Lemmon signature.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Amazon has dropped the price for this title down to $17.99

A couple days ago I got a Amazon alert that the price on both this title and Time After Time had risen to $21.99 from $12.99.
Which meant that sometime before that it had dropped to $12.99.
That price drop has never shown up on my orders although this recent one has.

Wish I had done a screen capture.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron Here.

Kirsten, absolutely, Amazon keeps track of those price drops and will honor the lowest price as long as your preorder was in before that drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks