What's new

The Good Wife Season 4 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Me as well. I would be really interested to see her leave and go on her own with Carrey as a means to put a wall between her and Will.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haven't even watched the last few episodes yet. Just came across the renewal info this morning. Really glad it's continuing, easily one of the best TV shows at this time. Well written, great actors and a longtime storyline with Peter and Alicia, hopefully this will go on for several more years.

Very pleased that Peter's mother has been given a much smaller role in the show, she's incredibly annoying.
Adam Lenhardt said:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Patrick Sun said:
What was with Alicia's shakes and shivers? She in heat?
I took it more of a matter of: is working here, near Will but a partner tempting fate? Or is moving on my own with Carrey too risky..

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another good episode. I like the digital world they've created, with ChumHum the regular search engine, Jason Biggs as the bit coin guy.I don't know how Agos/Florick works as a storyline in this show, but I love the idea. As Kalinda investigates the new investigator, I wonder when Kalinda starts getting investigated herself? We don't need to rebuild a Blake-like antagonism, but its an obvious outcome. And t may bring Nick's departure back into the plot.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
If Alicia does leave with Carrey, tonight's episode may have been the moment where she decided she had to go.
What happened at the firm was ugly, bitter.. and the way it was played it struck her as pretty dishonest.

How well she handles that is going to be interesting; the moment they told the employees about Chum-Hum, you immediately got the feeling Alicia felt fleeced by the entire process. There have been these slow moments where despite her affection for Will, they play her up as more and more dissatisfied with the firm.

Great performances all around, I liked the NRLB hearing process..

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
What an array of fantastic guest stars tonight, and each of them had spotlight moments in which to shine. Loved the episode very much.

I will be SO shocked if Alicia doesn't leave with Cary and they appear to have Kalinda coming on board, too. And despite Alicia saying she would renew her vows, going to her new firm would make a relationship with Will more interesting because they'll be at competing law firms.

What a fantastic last two episodes these are going to be!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
If Alicia does leave with Carrey, tonight's episode may have been the moment where she decided she had to go. What happened at the firm was ugly, bitter.. and the way it was played it struck her as pretty dishonest.
David Lee is such an arrogant SOB, his actions (and the way he went about them) are about to wound Lockhart/Gardner, perhaps fatally. Rescinding the partnership offers for the fourth years basically wiped out the firm's back bench, an example of short-term profit at the expense of long-term loss. Then Alicia's trying to calm things down by letting the support staff air their grievances and Lee walks in shooting his mouth off and blows the whole thing up. He needlessly antagonizes people because he doesn't think they can do anything about it.It's a matter of survival for businesses to keep their overhead low. When Cary's firm launches, they'll probably be at least as aggressive as Lockhart/Garner have been in keeping labor costs down. But this is a place where style matters nearly as much as substance, because they won't create unnecessary enemies.I loved the dichotomy of Alicia taking the pro-labor position in court at the same time she's forced into a pro-management position at the firm.John Michael Higgins usually plays such loathsome,self-important idiots that I was a bit surprised at the end when he turned out to be at least competent as the presiding judge.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think you hit it, that when Carrey leaves, and I'm betting that's with the season finale, it's got to be an almost wipeout for Lockhart Gardner. If he's right, and he takes five "top" clients, that's a serious loss in billable hours. And the one thing he can offer is that everyone there, right off the bat, is a partner. Not support staff, but all the attorneys. So, those fourth years will feel invested in their new enterprise right from Jump.

That's the kind of inertia that a longstanding business can't really get. I did love Alicia having to play both sides; and while David Lee was an antigonist it wasn't out of character with the way he's been written from day 1, and it represented a clear strategy he had - go in and intimidate them to make them cower. He just doesn't seem to understand that even if it works, it fails.
I think it became very clear to Alicia in that moment that like those two office managers, she was bought off.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A superb season finale episode which brought back quite a few guest stars from the season to tie up loose ends and then open an entire bunch of new potential story for next season. Brilliant writing and acting from beginning to end.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree with everybody. An exceptional season finale from beginning to end, with a final beat that totally wipes the pieces off the chess board for next season: After getting mostly benched for a season and a half, Matt Czuchry is going to be front and center next season as the other name partner with Alicia at the new firm. Since Kalinda got (rightfully) pissed off about Cary playing Robyn against her, Robyn's the one moving to the new firm and will presumably be the investigator we see the most of next season. Peter won, so Diane's likely headed for the state supreme court.

It'll still be a legal drama with a political backdrop, but the change in scenery will be huge. Presumably Jess Weixler will be bumped up to a series regular, and I wonder if Josh Charles, Christine Baranski and Archie Panjabi will transition to recurring status next season? I could see Diane becoming one of the rotating roster of judges that hears cases, and Will will almost certainly pop up as opposing counsel from time to time; how big of a role he plays in Alicia's personal life depends on whether she jumped ship to Cary's upstart to create distance from Will and make it easier to be with Peter or remove the professional obstacles that made a relationship with Will so problematic.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
Quite a wild season finale. The surprise at the end was very well done.
Not real thrilled at how Peter won the election, bribery, fixed ballots, etc. even though they apparently didn't matter since had the votes.

Looking forward to next season and hopefully a few more after that.

The ending was quite a shock and will really shake things up at Lockhart Gardner.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Adam Lenhardt said:
. Since Kalinda got (rightfully) pissed off about Cary playing Robyn against her, Robyn's the one moving to the new firm and will presumably be the investigator we see the most of next season. Peter won, so Diane's likely headed for the state supreme court.
i think Kalinda was being Kalinda, and was burned by it. She wants to be courted and wooed. She wants to play Wil against Carey. She wants to have all power, give up nothing, and remain inscrutable. And Carey gave as good as he got. He couldn't get a straight answer from Kalinda. He couldn't get a reasonable answer from her. He would have hired her immediately. She forced him to look for new options and he found the new investigator. He played Kalinda just as she played him. She assumed Carey was acting emotionally and not rationally, and so she could manipulate and not lose him. Ultimately, Carey wants a new law firm more than he wants Kalinda; she underestimated him and got burned by it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
David Lee is such an arrogant SOB, his actions (and the way he went about them) are about to wound Lockhart/Gardner, perhaps fatally.
Second only to Peter's mother, the David Lee character has got to be one of the most annoying people on the show.

And now he's a "regular" and will get more air-time? He's an important character, but it's still painful to watch and listen to that "fingernails on a chalkboard" voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks