What's new

The Good Wife - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It ends where it began, with Peter in front of a microphone and Alicia waiting to step on the stage. Great episode. I'm too exhausted to delve into it, but all of the rapidfire twists and turns made sense to me and didn't feel manipulative. One of the consistently best written and acted shows on television. I feel like a broken record, but there it is. It's a shame that the two best dramas on TV right now are opposite each other in the same time slot.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Just absolutely great stuff. I admit, the thing that makes this show really good is how it treats the characters. A normal show would cheapen it and make Carey a real badguy. Here, he's a good guy that just got the raw end of the stick and he's hurt. That's a lot more difficult to write.

I found the entire episode very well done. just great stuff.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
On TV, a New Refuge for Stage Actors

Apparently, one of the big reasons The Good Wife has been able to attract such top-tier guest actors is because it has a unique arrangement that allows Broadway actors to shoot during the day and be off in time for curtain up in the evening. Julianna Margulies's unwillingness to relocate is the reason a show set in Chicago is filmed in the equally expensive New York City.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What a heartbreaking episode for Calinda. She finds it so difficult to put herself out there, and when she does she's put in a position where he has to choose between doing her job and betraying the man she's seeing. It's kind of ironic; on the surface Calinda seems like the fierce iron lady, but inside she's as fragile as glass. On the surface, Alicia seems like a fragile flower, but she's got a spine of steel. The contrast between Calinda risking her job for a gesture of remorse and support with Alicia's cold-blooded risk assessment of Will's plea shows what a ride we've been on this season. Great cap to a great season, with a killer cliffhanger that was the only possible ending.

P.S. Love Cary's new role as the prosecutor. He enjoys destroying Alicia's case, but he's completely fair and completely professional. He regards Diane as an able adversary. Much like the old days when parents would use the neighbor's kid as an unflattering comparison for their own kids' shortcomings, Alicia's going to be judged by Will and Diane every step of the way to how she stacks up against Cary's performance at the state's attorney's office. I can't wait until the first time they face off in a courtroom.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A superb season ender. I was glad to see, finally, some reality brought to Wil. I kept thinking, he's off in the clouds but has never said word one to Alicia's kids. She has a complex life that can't be up-ended on a whim; but he wants fun and dating and wooing. Finally, it was spelled out for him.

I enjoy seeing Carey on the war path. I like his character and sympathize with his situation. I look forward to more next season.

This was simply the best show this year. Best new show. Best show. I hope it gets even better next season.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Carey seemed sneaky with something boiling just below the surface for most of the season, never quite trusted him.

Will be iteresting to watch him and Alicia playing against each other next season. I'm all for corny, happy endings, so hope the Will story is finished off quickly, but then again this is drama and that's where the writers have their fun.

Was never quite sure of Calinda, seems very reliable, but with just that touch of her than leans to the dark side.

Next season will be fun.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
GREAT season finale! Consistently GREAT program! Bring on season two!

Re: Parenthood - - I am a huge fan of Jason Katims work. I LOVED Roswell (especially the stellar first season); I like what he did with Boston Public; I LOVE Friday Night Lights. But, if I have to choose between Parenthood and The Good Wife, TGW will win every time. To me, it is no contest. I don't fault Jason. I just think the source material he has to work from is not in the same league. As always, YMMV...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks