What's new

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (4k Remastered Blu-ray) Single Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
haineshisway said:
In the box set, yes, but they fixed it for the standalone release. Just wanted to make sure that's what this was.
How are you with the color timing on this one, compared to the Italian BD?

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
haineshisway said:
I hated the Italian Blu-ray and love this one, so that's how I feel :)

Color me confused.

The Amazon link at the beginning of this thread says that the Blu-ray which was released on 10/7/14 is Region 2.

I don't mind dipping for this title again, but I'd like to be sure that I'm getting the same one that you are talking about. What is the UPC?

Thanks.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I posted the link to the one I just bought - that one is apparently the new 4K remaster that was in the boxed set, but unlike the boxed set, it includes the original mono track for the film.

The Italian Blu-ray is a whole other transfer and not to my liking.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
haineshisway said:
I posted the link to the one I just bought - that one is apparently the new 4K remaster that was in the boxed set, but unlike the boxed set, it includes the original mono track for the film.

The Italian Blu-ray is a whole other transfer and not to my liking.

Thanks. Here is Amazon's product listing for the one you linked to:

Product Details
  • Actors: Eli Wallach, Clint Eastwood, Aldo Giuffre, Luigi Pistilli
  • Format: Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, AC-3, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, Dubbed, Original recording remastered, Subtitled, Widescreen
  • Language: English (DTS 5.1), French (DTS 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
  • Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
  • Dubbed: French, Spanish
  • Region: Region B/2 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
  • Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
  • Number of discs: 1
  • Rated: R (Restricted)
  • Studio: MGM (Video & DVD)
  • DVD Release Date: October 7, 2014
  • Run Time: 179 minutes
Am I correct that this is an error, and that the 10/7/14 release is not Region 2?

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Richard Gallagher said:
Richard Gallagher, on 10 Jan 2016 - 4:34 PM, said:Richard Gallagher, on 10 Jan 2016 - 4:34 PM, said:

Thanks. Here is Amazon's product listing for the one you linked to:

Product Details
  • Actors: Eli Wallach, Clint Eastwood, Aldo Giuffre, Luigi Pistilli
  • Format: Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, AC-3, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, Dubbed, Original recording remastered, Subtitled, Widescreen
  • Language: English (DTS 5.1), French (DTS 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
  • Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
  • Dubbed: French, Spanish
  • Region: Region B/2 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
  • Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
  • Number of discs: 1
  • Rated: R (Restricted)
  • Studio: MGM (Video & DVD)
  • DVD Release Date: October 7, 2014
  • Run Time: 179 minutes
Am I correct that this is an error, and that the 10/7/14 release is not Region 2?

Looks like the other link is indeed the US release with a region error. There is a region B with that cover, but it has the rating on the cover.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Bad-Ugly-Remastered-Blu-ray/dp/B00JQ8HW7G/ref=sr_1_2?

s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1452466832&sr=1-2&keywords=the+good+the+bad+and+the+ugly

I have the region A stand-alone and there is the Dolby Digital 1.0 option.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Anyone with the corrected original mono soundtrack (not the downmixed one),

could you please post the UPC / EAN code for it?

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
RickardL said:
+1. One of these days I have to find a good site for CD/DVD/BD UPCs.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
RickardL said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the standalone Blu-ray release has always had the proper mono track - the problem was with the one in the boxed set.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
RickardL said:

I assume that you're looking for the one which has both the original mono soundtrack and the 4K scan. I believe that this is the correct UPC, but it would be helpful if someone who actually owns it could confirm:

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
haineshisway said:
I hated the Italian Blu-ray and love this one, so that's how I feel :)

Interesting. I was thinking that you would prefer the sky to be more blue:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=637&y=193&d1=4088&d2=4091&s1=37973&s2=38021&l=0&i=14&go=1

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=348&y=107&d1=4088&d2=4091&s1=37970&s2=38018&l=0&i=11&go=1

The Italian version looked rather warm and yellowish by the way compared to the old MGM release:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=673&y=207&d1=4089&d2=4088&s1=37989&s2=37973&l=0&i=14&go=1

not anymore I guess...

While I also want to prefer the new MGM version by virtue of its other strengths I have to say that after trying to watch it twice I cannot seem to get accustomed to the weird colors.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
OliverK said:
Interesting. I was thinking that you would prefer the sky to be more blue:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=637&y=193&d1=4088&d2=4091&s1=37973&s2=38021&l=0&i=14&go=1

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=348&y=107&d1=4088&d2=4091&s1=37970&s2=38018&l=0&i=11&go=1

The Italian version looked rather warm and yellowish by the way compared to the old MGM release:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=673&y=207&d1=4089&d2=4088&s1=37989&s2=37973&l=0&i=14&go=1

not anymore I guess...

While I also want to prefer the new MGM version by virtue of its other strengths I have to say that after trying to watch it twice I cannot seem to get accustomed to the weird colors.

This exact point was previously vehemently debated, wasn't it, last year? Sorry, just trying to avoid another **** storm.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Dr Griffin said:
This exact point was previously vehemently debated, wasn't it, last year? Sorry, just trying to avoid another **** storm.

I guess it is a moot point anyway as not too many would put up with an Italian only version that also is hard to get compared to the cheap and readily available domestic version.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
I got the remastered single release from amazon.co.uk with barcode 5039036068932 and I don't think the Dolby 1.0 track is the original (English) one.

Especially gun shots sound "wrong" vs the 1998 R1 NTSC DVD of the short U.S. theatrical version which I have to compare against.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I've noticed something strange on the remastered GBU single disc (USA) BD edition, starting at 2:56:38. Immediately after Tuco says: "..dirty son of a b****!" Most of the ground to the left of "Blondie" appears green, and the ground on his right is more off a light tan. As he continues to ride away to the right, the green color seems to be following behind him, changing the light tan surface to green.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there an explanation why this happens? Filters perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks