What's new

General Discussion The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 4k quality? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I bought this film on 4k digital a few months back.

Have yet to watch it.

Anyone want to comment on how good this transfer looks and how much better/same/worse the upcoming Kino release would be?

In other words, is Kino using the same transfer, or is there additional work being done that I am going to have to shell out yet another purchase for?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I bought this film on 4k digital a few months back.

Have yet to watch it.

Anyone want to comment on how good this transfer looks and how much better/same/worse the upcoming Kino release would be?

In other words, is Kino using the same transfer, or is there additional work being done that I am going to have to shell out yet another purchase for?
Ron,

You might want to do a search of the Kino thread as their Insider has stated this upcoming 4K disc will look different than that 4K digital. Some color correction will take place due to some criticism of the past BD release.

Lil Brutto

Agent
Real Name
LB
Please check out the podcast released today where Devan Scott & Will Ross of Film Formally invited Jordan Krug and I to talk about the history of home releases of this film, a bit about our fan preservation project initiated in 2014 (https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/T...finished-project-lots-of-info/id/17006/page/1) and its contribution to the upcoming Kino UHD release:

You may recall a news article that highlights Will & Devan's efforts to preserve the International Cut. The article caught the attention of Kino who contacted them, and they put Kino's people in touch with us to help out with restoration of the International Cut using the MGM/L'Immagine Ritrovata 4K master as the primary source.

Here's the link to their National Post article:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred1976