1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Good Place - Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jake Lipson, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    The other thing that always felt off to me about Michael's theory that the Bad Place was messing with the system is that if they were doing that, he would likely know about it. He was a valued employee there for long enough to be in the loop on things like that. Given all the reboots, he tortured Eleanor and company for hundreds of years. It wasn't until very recently that he switched over to Team Cockroach. So it would make sense for him to be aware of any messing around the demons were doing with the points system. So this explanation makes more sense, in addition to being more complex and more interesting.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

I always got the impression that he was actually very low on the totem pole in the Bad Place hierarchy. Wasn't the fake Good Place his first independent project as an Architect?

Jake Lipson likes this.
  3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    That is an excellent point and you are of course correct.

4. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    My favorite thing about this fantastic show is that I NEVER know from one week to the next where it's going or what it will be about. Every episode is a delicious little surprise.

joshEH, Jake Lipson and TravisR like this.
  5. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    CLASSY martinis.

Tahani’s “scarf.”

The Time-Knife.

Jake Lipson, Greg.K and Adam Lenhardt like this.
  6. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    A friend of mine has been predicting the eventual return of the neighborhood because the sets for it are still standing where they film.

Going forward, if they do maintain the neighborhood setting for a while, they'd get to use their standing sets, which hasn't really been the case this year since the group has been traveling a lot.

However, the placement of this episode is interesting to me. If this episode had been aired as the season finale, I would say that the "new neighborhood" concept was clearly being established for next season, the same way that the season 1 finale established that Michael could reboot them and the season 2 finale established that they were brought back to life, for further exploration in the following season.

But we still have next week to go. So I wonder how far they are going to take this experiment next week. As in: is this truly meant to set up next year, or are they going to burn through this concept in an episode and then completely reinvent themselves again for next year? You can never really tell with this show.

Greg.K and joshEH like this.
  7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Wow! Another stunning episode.

“That’s a Niednagel!”

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1233671/
    David Niednagel is the visual effects producer for The Good Place. :D

They were referencing him in the podcast for the previous episode, so it was yet another fun, oblique naming joke to have a horrible thing in the VFX-filled scene named after a the VFX lead.

Also, if you’re not listening to The Good Place podcast, it’s forking great. Three weeks ago, they discussed Darcy Carden going mad due to the intense preparation for her episode. Last week they explained why Chidi was swole in the Internet-breaking shirtless episode. I’m looking forward to listening to this weeks episode.

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Assuming that it doesn't run itself into the ground in later seasons, I think people will look back on this show like we look back at the "The Prisoner" and marvel that it got made at all.

joshEH likes this.
  9. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    I think they will be smart enough to stop at whatever point they feel they've run out of ideas instead of that. It does feel like the sort of show that will need to come to a definitive conclusion at some point and won't be able to run forever. I'll be glad to stay on the ride until that happens, though.