What's new

THE GOLDEN GIRLS: Season Three (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Golden Girls, The - Season 3 artwork
Posted by Gord Lacey
5/14/2005

Reader Chris Willis sent us a scan from a pamphlet he found in his Golden Girls: Season 2 DVD set showing the first two sets, and the artwork for the third.

No date was mentioned, but we expect it'll be out before the end of the year.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3413

--

I'm glad to hear that Season Three is coming on the tails of Season Two! Maybe we'll receive it by November, similar to Season One? So a May/November release schedule. If so, we should have the entire series in the next two years! However, I wouldn't be suprised if it's sooner, and hopefully The Golden Palace will also make its way to DVD!

Andy

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
How many seasons of "Golden Girls" were made? Were the last as good as the first?

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
there were 7 seasons made.
i think all the seasons were good but uneven.
they had their great episodes but they also had their clunkers.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Alex gave a good assessment :). All the seasons have gems, but there also a few clunkers like the invariable clip shows, etc. There is even a unused spinoff pilot for Empty Nest mixed in along the way (the only thing they kept was David Leisure!). Golden Girls went out on top (which is how we ended up with Golden Palace), so you don't really have to worry about the final season consisting of crap.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I use to love this show, surprised I don't see it on reruns once in awhile anymore, it was hilarious

Just heard Bea Arthur celebrated her 82nd birthday, wonder how the other "girls" are doing?

Matt_Troop

Agent
Here is the Latest News On The Stars:

Rue McClanahan(Blanche): Turned 70 in Feb and is now enjoying being a motivational speaker for cancer as she is a surviver she is also happy to be the youngest of her cast mates

Betty White(Rose): Turned 83 in January and is the oldest of her tv roomates however she is the most active of the bunch to still be acting

Estelle Getty(Sophia): She is Younger than her tv daughter as she will be turning 82 in july however she is badly ill. She has Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease and suffers from dementia

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

I see that you're in Ontario, like me Mark, and I watch Golden Girls re-runs on Prime TV. The have been playing them for nearly six years now, and have been a real hit for them! I started re-watching them when Prime started re-broadcasted them, and haven't looked back since! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks