What's new

THE GOLDEN GIRLS: Season Five on MAY 9th, 2006! (1 Viewer)

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not concerned at all, I think they did it for this reason: The other season sets had areas below the pictures where they could easily put "The Complete ____ Season" across the bottom, but this time, they are using a huge star that would cover the whole area... so instead, they are having a solid orange rectangular strip across the bottom, so they'd probably rather have the text fill up as much of that strip as possible... obviously, having less words would mean you could use bigger letters. And "The Golden Girls" text at the top of the box has been enlarged and boldened as well.

I think the switch looks ugly, but I think that's the basic reason for the change from "The Complete ____ Season" to just "SEASON FIVE". Or maybe I'm just stupid.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
^ I agree. Seasons 2, 3 and 4 looked very classy and well-made, season 5 looks like a really bad photoshop job done in a junior high class

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I didn't like the season 1 artwork much, but I thought seasons 2 and 3 looked very attractive, and season 4 looked nice too, but season 5 looks hideous IMO

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The only improvement is that they show the girls together, other than that they've all been letdowns. They don't even use the chancery-style font the show itself uses.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I still think they should have used this (the lower righthand image) cover for Season 4, since Quentin Tarantino's guest appearance was so "special". I'm sure it would have increased sales dramatically.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I agree about the font of the title. Despite it being a memorable part of the opening credits they did not recreate it for the sets. Perhaps the idea is that it would look too old-fashioned or be harder to read for consumers. But to me it was part of the trademark and "look" of the show.

But mainly I just want the shows unedited.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The first four sets look pseudo-classy and ties in well with the timeframe of the show (late 80s). However, this orange thing is just disgustingly gross. I'm sure it will attract the eye in the store, but it is hideous.

I'm not too concerned with the naming convention change because, so far, these have been the complete shows. Until I hear otherwise, I will assume BVHE knows what they're doing.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
As far as we know, and we'll know nothing until a review by sitcomsonline.com ultimatedisney.com or anyone else who reviewed the prior 4 sets.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Wonderful! I'm surprised I didn't realize this before, I remember seeing previous seasons presented the same way in circulars.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Any news on the extras? Do we know which girls are doing commentary on which episodes?

The release date is getting closer..

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had time to read this whole thread,

but I wanted to let everyone know I just got the screener to review.

Please let me know if there is anything specific I should be looking for when reviewing. With G.G., I now know to always check carefully for true-stereo audio... but anything beyond the usual please ask!

dave :)

Amit Ashar

Agent
Anyone know what the deal is with Amazon? They're not offering a discount on the season 5 DVD set (or any other BV DVD sets).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks