The Gods Must Be Crazy - Any DVD in the works?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronMK, Oct 24, 2001.

1. AaronMK

AaronMK Supporting Actor

Aaron Karp
    I was wondering if this movie was in the pipe for a DVD release anytime soon. Who has the rights to this?
    It would be great to finally get to watch this in its OAR. It is a great and very funny movie that would be a must purchase for me.
    ------------------
    My DVD's
    If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

This was Fox, but may now be Paramount. I've asked for this from Fox before with no response. This is one of the funniest films I've ever seen. Priceless!
    ------------------
    Zardoz Online | Burt Lancaster is The Swimmer | dOc

3. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'll take a copy whenever it's released. Actually, a double feature dvd of TGMBC/TGMBC2 would be nice!
    ------------------
    My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
    1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

5. AaronMK

AaronMK Supporting Actor

Aaron Karp
    It is good to hear that Fox has the rights to this. Even if they decide not to do a full blown Five Star Edition of this, they will do these movies justice when the time comes.
    Hopefully they will come sooner, rather then later. If the first was the most successful foreign film ever, I would think they would be likely release candidates.
    ------------------
    My DVD's
    If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.