What's new

The Godfather restored. (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Marvellous. So the stock is saved!

Let's also hope it will come to HD soon!

Cees

ReggieW

Screenwriter

This is true. Coppola admits this in the audio commentary on either part 1 or 2. He speaks of how he was almost fired by Paramount on the project.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I think Lucas actually talked him into doing the godfather because American Zoetrope was broke over the disaster with THX-1138 and Warners.

Doug

42nd Street Freak

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Until they release a DVD version of the excellent (so much great extra footage) 'The Epic' version I'm not bothered.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom

I'll have to take exception to part of your statement. While the additional footage included in the "saga" version is invaluable, these two films in their theatrical release versions are among the pinnacles of achievement in American film and their preservation is essential.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
This restoration will hopefully make it a stellar candidate for an eventual HD release.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
I hope everyone realizes that the article's only source for information about the restoration comes from the other Godfather thread on this forum.

I'm not saying the article is wrong. Just don't take it as confirmation of our suspicions.

-Reagan

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
So they did a photochemcial restoration. What does that mean? Is the camera negative now again in good shape or are we limited to restored interpositives from it?

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

From what the report said the camera negative was in pretty bad shape, so I would assume that they would have to make new elements in the restoration process. But maybe Robert Harris can talk about this at some point. That is of course if this story is more than just a rumor.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks