What's new

The Godfather Paramount Logo (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
For those unaware, the logo originally used on Lawrence of Arabia, was specially painted for the production and photographed in 65mm. it was only seen on original 70mm prints, after which, it was removed. It was located and re-instated for the reconstruction and restoration.

RAH

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I don't really have a problem with the new "Willisized" CGI Mountain. But I still wish you'd kept the ultra rare split Gulf+Western on the end of Part II and the Paramount Communications-era logo on III.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
^Incorrect on both counts. Transamerica had a logo on a James Bond film as early as "You Only Live Twice" (in this case it was the rare multicolored circle logo). The Transamerica T actually debuted in 1968 and was first used on a Bond film with "On Her Majesties Secret Service".

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
For me, the opening of Superman: The Movie has to have the original 70s WB logo, just as the opening of Close Encounters has to have the original Columbia logo.

But I've appreciated several films where they incorporated the logo into the fun - Smokey & The Bandit II is a pretty bad movie, but it has a fun car chase around the Universal planet. And Waterworld does a good job of incorporating the planet into the opening moment of the film.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by Lord Dalek

^Incorrect on both counts. Transamerica had a logo on a James Bond film as early as "You Only Live Twice" (in this case it was the rare multicolored circle logo). The Transamerica T actually debuted in 1968 and was first used on a Bond film with "On Her Majesties Secret Service".

Interesting. I'm not sure, I was just going based on the info I could find about UA on line. From the info I could gather that logo didn't come along until 75, but you know how reliable info on the internet is.

Doug

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

Interesting. I'm not sure, I was just going based on the info I could find about UA on line. From the info I could gather that logo didn't come along until 75, but you know how reliable info on the internet is.

Doug

Your confusion perhaps stems from the fact that there are variations of the Transamerica T.

The one that appeared on the early James Bond films in the late '60's was where the T was built curve by curve, and sometimes accompanied by timpani or brass music, but most often silent or with movie audio underneath; the words "United Artists" would then scroll over from the left. Around '75 was when they changed it to putting the words "United Artists" on screen, and then adding the T on the right and the "A Transamerica Company" line underneath;.on some occasions, particularly on X-rated releases or films the insurance company didn't want to be associated with, they would omit the T and the Transamerica credit.

There is the other variation, best known on CARRIE, which uses a completely different font in all caps. I don't recall seeing that on any other UA releases.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The "Spotlight" UA is on Rocky.

Originally Posted by Mark Edward Heuck

Your confusion perhaps stems from the fact that there are variations of the Transamerica T.

The one that appeared on the early James Bond films in the late '60's was where the T was built curve by curve, and sometimes accompanied by timpani or brass music, but most often silent or with movie audio underneath; the words "United Artists" would then scroll over from the left. Around '75 was when they changed it to putting the words "United Artists" on screen, and then adding the T on the right and the "A Transamerica Company" line underneath;.on some occasions, particularly on X-rated releases or films the insurance company didn't want to be associated with, they would omit the T and the Transamerica credit.

There is the other variation, best known on CARRIE, which uses a completely different font in all caps. I don't recall seeing that on any other UA releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks