The Godfather: 1977 A Noval for Televsion and the 1981Epic VHS set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan_M_M, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Ryan_M_M

Ryan_M_M Stunt Coordinator

Now, before I begin, I am refering to both the 1977 TV adaptation of the Godfather and also the Epic (also in chronological order) VHS boxset released in 1981. My question is concerning the TV mini series, were there any scenes in it, that were not a part of the 1981 Epic VHS boxset which also featured additional scenes. I know the Epic contained more violent scenes that didn't appear in the TV mini series, but as the posts already stresses were their any scenes from the TV series that were absent on the Epic VHS 1981 set.

2. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

USA cable ran the Epic on New Year's day and I saw a whole lot of scenes that are not even on the dvd box set that everybody seems to be happy with.

3. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Ryan,
    Take a look here:
    http://www.jgeoff.com/godfather.html]
    There are scene comparisons from THE EPIC, THE TRILOGY and the DVD, with notations of which scenes are included on each set. If I remember correctly, no one set has all the footage. The EPIC is missing a few scenes, which are in the TRILOGY, and the TRILOGY is missing a few scenes from the EPIC. The DVD has a few of these scenes missing as well.
    Personally, I prefer watching the COMPLETE EPIC. The story flows like a damn good mini-series.
    -Gary