What's new

The goal for each color setting in Avia (1 Viewer)

Thik Nongyow

Stunt Coordinator
Calibrators and other home theater experts, I need your help. I need to know what are the goals for each of the color setting calibrations found in Avia:

a) Needle Pulses + Steps
Is the goal is to turn the white level until it shows signs of "blooming"?

b) Black Bars + Half Gray
Is the goal is to make the darker left "bar" disappear, while having the brighter right "bar" still visible?

c) Blue Bars
Is the goal for saturation is to make the flashing squares flash at the lowest rate? Is the same goes for hue?

d) Color Decoder Check
I am quite confused on how to read it.

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
I am NOT an expert. Nor do I play one on TV.

But I may be able to help with some of your questions,until someone else stumbles along.

>>>a) Needle Pulses + Steps
Is the goal is to turn the white level until it shows signs of "blooming"? >>>b) Black Bars + Half Gray
Is the goal is to make the darker left "bar" disappear, while having the brighter right "bar" still visible? >c) Blue Bars
Is the goal for saturation is to make the flashing squares flash at the lowest rate? Is the same goes for hue? d) Color Decoder Check
I am quite confused on how to read it.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I've found with the brightness adjustment that I usually end up going a step or two below where it seemed "right" in Avia.

I've also found that brightness/picture adjustments often need to be made for individual movies. I'm not talking wholesale changes, just small adjustments.

And don't forget to let your TV fully warm up before you go into Avia. Put in a movie and let it run for an hour or so before you jump into Avia settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks