The Go-Between: why no DVD release yet?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bruce Morrison, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison Supporting Actor

I'm completely puzzled about why Losey's 'The Go-Between' is still awaiting its first release on DVD. As far as I know, it's a Columbia-owned title, so why are Sony sitting on this one? If they have no intention of releasing it, I hope Criterion can get a licensing deal to release it.

Are others awaiting this title as eagerly as I am?

2. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

Count me in. Columbia has a wealth of great films shot in the UK that seem to have faded in obscurity (RECKONING,THE HIRELING, BEST OF ENEMIES, RUN WILD RUN FREE, DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE EGG, DANDY IN ASPIC, LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS, DEADLY AFFAIR, INTERLUDE,AGE OF CONSENT, MINDS OF MR SOAMES, HAMMERHEAD, OTLEY, TAKE A GIRL LIKE YOU, 10 RILLINGTON PLACE, YOUNG WINSTON, etc) I really wish they go thru their untapped library. (of course I might be the only one on Earth to want to own these on DVD )[​IMG]

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Yes, I'm waiting for The Go-Between too.
    Good call, Bruce!

Cees

4. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

I too have been waiting for THE GO BETWEEN .

5. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

10 RILLINGTON PLACE (SE) and YOUNG WINSTON are available in the UK. So is THE HEROES OF TELEMARK: SE (a gorgeous-looking film) mentioned in another thread. I suspect that the reason that THE GO-BETWEEN and other titles mentioned are not available in the US has to do with either negotiations with the original British producers or the legendary indifference that Sony has towards its product and its history. My bet is on the latter.