What's new

The Glass House January 2nd! with specs! (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
The recent thriller THE GLASS HOUSE starring Leelee Sobieski and Diane Lane is coming to DVD on January 2nd! DVDFile have reported that the specs are as follows:
"Due on 1/2, the DVD includes anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, an audio commentary with director Daniel Sackheim, deleted scenes, filmmaker interviews, and the trailer. Retail is $24.95."
If I know Columbia this should be another great DVD!

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
This is good news, but I must say, I’m a little disappointed after reading this thread.
I thought “with specs” meant that it was going to be in 3-D. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
he he he Brian, I would have LOVED to see LeeLee Sobieski in 3-D!
yum.gif

------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
FULL SPECS AND INFO:
"THE GLASS HOUSE", an edge-of-your-seat thriller from Neil Moritz, the producer of the hits "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "The Fast and the Furious" will be available on DVD and videocassette January 2, 2001.
The film stars:
Leelee Sobieski (Emmy Award-nominee for TV Miniseries Joan of Arc, Deep Impact, Eyes Wide Shut, Never Been Kissed, Jungle 2 Jungle)
Diane Lane (Emmy-award-nominee for TV Miniseries Lonesome Dove, The Perfect Storm, Judge Dredd, The Cotton Club, Hardball, Chaplin, The Outsiders)
Stellan Skarsgard (Good will Hunting, Ronin, Deep Blue Sea, Breaking The Waves)
Trevor Morgan (Jurassic Park III, The Patriot, Hardball)
SYNOPSIS
When Ruby's (Sobieski) and Rhett's (Morgan) parents are killed in a car accident, their carefree teenage lives are suddenly shattered. Moving to an incredible house in Malibu with the Glasses (Lane and Skarsgard) - old friends of the family - seems to be the beginning of a new life for them. But Ruby soon stumbles upon information that leads her to suspect that her new legal guardians might somehow be responsible for her parent's death. Now, she finds herself all alone in a duel of wits with the ruthless and terrifying couple - and she's the only thing standing between them and
her $4 million inheritance. Prepare yourself for a wild and intense thrill-ride in this mesmerizing thriller.
DVD ADDED VALUE ELEMENTS
* Digitally Mastered audio and Anamorphic Video
* Widescreen and Full Screen Presentations
* Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital) and 2-Channel (Dolby Surround) and French
* Subtitles: English and French
* Audio Commentary by Director Daniel Sackheim and Writer Wesley Strick
* Deleted Scene with Optional Director and Writer Commentary
* Exclusive Filmmaker Interviews
* Theatrical Trailers
* Filmographies
* Interactive Menus
* Production Notes
* Scene Selections
Rated PG13 Color Closed-Captioned
DVD #06252 UPC: 0-43396-06252-8
COVER ARTWORK AND MENU DESIGN
http://www.movierecords.com/previews/13
------------------
M.J.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
The movie was OK, a little predictable, but it has one of my favorite acresses, so I did enjoy it. My copy shipped from a favored online supplier on the 19th, and I expect it either today, or Monday, depending on the volume of mail. I will post a review as soon as I get a chance to spin it up.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Are you a Leelee fan or a Diane fan? For my money BOTH are very, very COOL!

- Martin Jeeves

A fan of Leelee, if truth be told. I am trying to remember which film I saw her in first. I think it was "Never Been Kissed", which I saw because of the incomparible Drew Barrymore, and thought that Leelee was a strong presense on the screen. Then I saw Joan of Arc, and this woman had me hooked. I am sorry that I missed My First Mister, and I am awaiting an anouncement of it coming to DVD.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Have you seen 'Here On Earth' with Leelee in it? A mushy-tearlerker, but worth checking-out if your a fan. I'm amazed how 'haggard and drugged-up' the make-up people made Diane Lane look in this film. She really does look 'out-of-it'.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
No, I have not seen Here on Earth yet, although I did finally pick up the DVD the last week. It was in the used bin at a local dealer, at a price I could not resist.

Yes, Diane did look quite out of it in the film.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
If anyone is interested, a certain Western Canadian Chain has this out already. Further clue, look at my signature.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwaanza, and Festivus for the rest of us.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ok, after waiting ten days from notice of shipping, to notice of parcel arrival, I finally got it and spun it up on the computer last night. The transfer looks very sharp, nice colors that look accurate, and about what I remember of the film in the theater. I did not notice any compression artifacts, something that is thankfully rare these days in all but the cheapest whipped out releases, but I think I did notice some EE, I will have to go back and look at it again tonight.

The audio is good, but I have not had the chance to listen to the commentary, other then the deleted scene. Which brings me to the extras, well, there is a deleted scene! Brief, selected filmographies of the cast, director and producer as well as the commentary(s) are included.

The disk is single layered, dual sided, with the Widescreen (anamorphic) content on one side, and the Pan and Scan on the other side. Don't even bother with the P&S unless you really love watching a butcher job. The 2.35:1 aspect ratio is really the antithesis of P&S. Over all a good disc, not stellar, but a keeper if you are either a fan of Leelee, or enjoyed the movie.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I agree that this is a great DVD. Superb picture and sound and excellent supplements.

NOTE: There are also 'hidden' interviews with Leelee Sobieski, Diane Lane and Stellan Skarsgard in the respective 'filmographies' sections.

Overall an atmospheric chiller on an excellent DVD. Definately recommended.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Huh, OK. Now I will have to go back at it again. I didn't really check out the filmographies all that closely. Mainly because I use IMDB to find out what else someone has starred in. That an my DVD Profiler. :)
I went back and checked out the scenes where I thought I had spotted some Edge Enhancement, and it looked clear, so overall, a very good transfer.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Yeah, they are definately there. Leelee Sobieski and Diane Lane look much better in the interviews than they do in the film itself! Something to do with being terrorised and being drug-addled I guess.

I can't believe Leelee is only 19!

I also check IMDB.com for my filmography info. It's unbeatable. The filmographies on this DVD are career highlights only so all cast members have loads of film credits missing.

I'm going to see 'Joy Ride' on Monday night. Any good?

Also what is 'Uprising' like?

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Uprising was fantastic; I am eagerly waiting for my copy to arrive, as I missed about a quarter of the show when it was broadcast, thanks to schedule conflicts. The entire cast was well done, and pulled their weight. Leelee was terrific, IMHO, and her scene that is most talked about (a brief "nude" scene) was not gratuitous, but showed in a stark light the depravities the people were put though. She had a role with dignity and strength, and I was pleased that they cast her in it.

Ron has a review up already, and I concur so far, with out having seen the DVD it’s self. Oh, I have not seen Joy Ride in the theater, and have decided to wait for the DVD rather then risk a pour, abused print.

Users who are viewing this thread