What's new

The Gifted: Season Two (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 thread

The first season ended with Polaris and Andy Stryker defecting to the Hellfire Club. Season two picks up with Polaris at full-term with her mutant baby.

Skyler Samuels, who recurred in the first season as the identical telepathic Frost sisters, has been promoted to series regular. Grace Byers has joined the cast as Reeva, "a smart, charming, authoritative, elegant, beautiful woman who is ruthless in her efforts to fight for her people. She leads an elite band of followers and has a soft spot for her new recruits, but is still capable of extreme violence in defense of her vision."

Comic-Con Trailer:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I still have the last 10 eps on my dvr.
First three didn’t pull me in.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This premiered on Tuesday, finally got around to watching it this afternoon. Matt Nix's way of writing a show frustrates me: Introduce a goal or obstacle, spend several episodes struggling to achieve it or overcome it, introduce a new goal or obstacle, spend several episodes achieving it, rinse and repeat. I feel like the first season could have been more effectively told in half the number of episodes, and I get the sense that the same will be true this season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Official cancelled

Not surprising given the less-than-stellar ratings, Disney's desire to eventually integrate the X-Men roster of characters into its Marvel Cinematic Universe, and FOX no longer owning the studio that produces it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I kind of lost interest in it during its hiatus after season one and just never went back. Might have stayed with it if it had stayed on Monday, but Tuesdays are too crowded with shows I watch.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Bummer. Sad news, but not entirely surprising. The network landscape has shifted dramatically since that show first debuted.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Disappointed. I still have a few episodes to watch. I was enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Strubdog