What's new

The Giant Claw/Werewolf (1 Viewer)

maxfabien

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Walter
Re: the newly released Blu-ray double bill, The Giant Claw/The Werewolf. Different sites have different info about the playback capabilities for this import. Some say not playable in the U.S. Another says it's Region Free. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Re: the newly released Blu-ray double bill, The Giant Claw/The Werewolf. Different sites have different info about the playback capabilities for this import. Some say not playable in the U.S. Another says it's Region Free. Anyone know for sure?

Here is a link:

It's from Umbrella, therefore almost certainly region locked.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Region-free according to the studio:
“This blu-ray will play anywhere in the world, on any player.
Regards
Ned Whittaker
Umbrella Entertainment”

As posted on the Classic Horror Film Board

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Region-free according to the studio:
“This blu-ray will play anywhere in the world, on any player.
Regards
Ned Whittaker
Umbrella Entertainment”

As posted on the Classic Horror Film Board

Good, then. I might be interested, just because the movies are among the so-bad-they're-good flicks that are fun to watch.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Not too badly priced for an import ($21). Deep Discount has it in stock (the Amazon listing is sold by DD).

Addendum: Well, Deep Discount HAD it in stock....now backordered.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mine is on the way and I should have it today as it has arrived at the post office.
Region Free players are the way to go if you're a big time collector, you never have to worry about the region of a Blu-ray !

Last edited:

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The Katzman set DVDs do look great, but I upgrade all DVDs to Blu-ray if possible. Some imports I wait, especially when I hear rumors. I did not get the import Blu-ray for Winchester 73 because Criterion is rumored to have it. Upgrading Blu-ray to UHD is another story, Im getting more reluctant, it depends on how big of a fan I am of the movie. And some labels are charging over 45.00 for a limited edition UHD.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So Im watching The Giant Claw. It does look fine as did the DVD, probably a minor uptick in the PQ. The back of the case says Region B, but the Blu-ray disc is playing it on my Sony UHD player which doesn't always play imports so there's that. Both movies are on one disc and the cover is reversible, with the only difference is the PG logo on the front - the other cover its on the spine ! :)

mackjay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I don't think THE WEREWOLF is a bad movie. It's actually a tragic tale where the werewolf is a victim (no more spoilers). While the GIANT CLAW is indeed bad, but there are moments (when we don't see the silly-looking monster) that are kind of awesome in their own way 😏

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im glad I purchased the Blu-ray since the two films are the ones I really wanted anyway. Even though I love B movies from the 50s I could do without Zombies of Mora Tau and Creature with the Atom Brain. Anyway Im not here to influence decisions as collectors do as they will but for me it worked out perfectly :)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Arrow is release all 4 films from the Icons of Horror Sam Katzman DVD set for those that want the complete package loaded with extras
COLDWARCREATURES_Slipcase_3D_US-scaled (1).jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks