The Ghost of Peter Sellers (2018)

Peter Apruzzese

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
"Ghost..." can't be worse than "Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu", can it? Hope it, along with this doc, sees the light of day.

atcolomb

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo
Have the documentary "Unknown Peter Sellers" released by Foxlober on dvd back in 2000 with a lot of rare footage but no mention of Ghosts so I will look at this new one for sure.

Edwin-S

Lead Actor
Premium
Have to admit, a lot of Peter Seller's stuff doesn't hold for me anymore, even a lot of his Pink Panther films that I used to think were hilarious. Don't quite know why that is the case, since, he was a pretty good comedy actor.

atcolomb

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo
Did like his more serious work like Being There & I'm All Right Jack. In the 1970's a lot of his film's were barely released or not good at all.

Wombat

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny Johnston
I have been waiting for this for ages. Sellers was brilliant and/or dreadful in all his films! This documentary charts a totally crazy meltdown on a big, Hollywood movie that so damaged the director he too is in meltdown still! If you like movies then I'm pretty sure you'd like this. In the same vein as Lost Souls on the ultra mad Dr Moreau movie.

Reactions: Reggie W

Reggie W

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have the film on DVD, Ghost in the Noonday Sun, which I believe is the only way it is available, and will be doing a double feature with this documentary and then a bonus feature of Medak's The Ruling Class, which I have always loved.

Wombat

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny Johnston
Good luck! I'd watch the documentary first. It informs so many scenes of the film. Which is truly awful. Drink rum

Reactions: Reggie W

Reggie W

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Good luck! I'd watch the documentary first. It informs so many scenes of the film. Which is truly awful. Drink rum
Ha, oddly I am going to indulge in making rum punch for the excursion. I've seen the film before, and yes it is not a good one, but I can't help finding Sellers and the film interesting. I admit I am a huge fan of Peter Sellers the actor...as a person I think he was truly a pile of shit.

Forum Sponsors