What's new

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1 Viewer)

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
A friend of mine and I got a chance to meet Don Knotts, and my friend asked him why he left the Andy Griffith Show when he had such a wonderful cast around him and things were going so well. Knotts was honest. He said, "My management was telling me that I was wasting my time in TV... that I could be the next Bob Hope or Jerry Lewis in feature films. By the time I realized that they were wrong, it was too late to go back. I always liked working in TV better."
The horribleness and the awfulness of it will never actually be forgotten.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I got to meet Mr. Knotts briefly at a public appearance a couple of years prior to his death. He was so kind and generous with his fans. I firmly believe he was one of the great comedians of TV and film.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I am a bit disappointed though. They are using the same coverart. So I'm assuming this is just the same DVD transfer now issued to BluRay. I was hoping for a special edition release.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Track Your Package
Expected Delivery
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Out For Delivery
Shipping Address
Dana Martin
025192380884;canvasHeight=110;canvasWidth=110
Ghost & Mr Chicken (Blu-ray Disc)
025192380877;canvasHeight=110;canvasWidth=110
It Came From Outer Space (Blu-ray 3D)
Shipping Progress
Last Updated: October 1, 10:41 AM
  • Saturday, October 1
    10:18 AM
    Out for Delivery
    Norfolk, VA
  • Saturday, October 1
    9:27 AM
    Sorting Complete
    Norfolk, VA
  • Saturday, October 1
    8:47 AM
    Arrived at Post Office
    Norfolk, VA
  • Saturday, October 1
    7:42 AM
    Departed USPS Facility
    Norfolk, VA
  • Saturday, October 1
    7:03 AM
    Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
    Norfolk, VA

:D

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Same here. I should get both The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and It Came From Outer Space today. I'm a happy camper.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got mine today as well. Popped it in just to check it out, and I have to say I am pretty disappointed with this truly bare bones effort, with no menu, no extras, not even the trailer. This movie deserves better.
It does appear that they cleaned up the picture from the DVD, which had white spots during the opening Universal logo.
I know the important thing is the movie, and it looks good, but come on, Universal, show some respect.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Got mine today as well. Popped it in just to check it out, and I have to say I am pretty disappointed with this truly bare bones effort, with no menu, no extras, not even the trailer. This movie deserves better.
It does appear that they cleaned up the picture from the DVD, which had white spots during the opening Universal logo.
I know the important thing is the movie, and it looks good, but come on, Universal, show some respect.

Yes, I was disappointed the trailer was not included.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I watched it last night. Great fun! Good solid transfer with good sound. My only complaint is that darn Universal timeline menu. If you pause it to go to the bathroom it makes you start at the beginning and select Resume. You can't just un-pause and be in the right spot.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I watched it last night. Great fun! Good solid transfer with good sound. My only complaint is that darn Universal timeline menu. If you pause it to go to the bathroom it makes you start at the beginning and select Resume. You can't just un-pause and be in the right spot.
I agree that is a very annoying aspect of Universal Blu-rays, in general.

That said, does your Blu-ray player not allow you to press stop instead of pause, and then press play when you're ready, in order to keep your spot?

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks