The Game: Criterion Collection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Veli-Matti Reitti, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Veli-Matti Reitti

Veli-Matti Reitti Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I've heard a rumor that The Game is going to be released on criterion collection in the near future. Anyone else heard about it ? I have tried to contact criterion regarding the issue but haven't gotten any reply.

Since criterion has already released Terry Gilliam's Brazil and Time Bandits any rumors about the release of 12 Monkeys on criterion collection?It surely would deserve to become a criterion collection. The coll.edt. of 12 Monkeys is somewhat unsatisfying. No complaints about the picture and sound but the extras aren't as great as one would expect.

2. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Sorry to say, but all it has been is a rumor. It was discussed on David Finchers' offical website, but no word came from Criterion about it, and it was two months ago. And if they annouce Traffic, which word about that came after The Game, I doubt it true. Which is sad, because I wanted that movie bad.

3. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit

Hauska nähdä maanmiehiäkin täällä... [​IMG]
    Anyway, it's highly unlikely that Universal would license 12 Monkeys to Criterion since they've already given it the CE treatment. Besides, rumors abound of an Ultimate Edition that might have some deleted scenes.

4. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R
    This thread: GAME
    gives the most information on the 'Game/Criterion' connection that I've seen.
    Hopefully we will surprised by this release!
    ~Rob

5. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

ARGH!

A question mark in the subject header would have been nice. I thought there was news.

6. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

There's a LaserDisc of The Game Criterion.

Veli-Matti I disagree with your assessment of the Universal SE of 12 monkeys as "unsatisfying". I find the bonus material on the Universal 12 Monkeys to be excellent (the LD box - I don't have the DVD).

7. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Kenneth Cummings:

8. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Hehe, I didn't meant to say if. I already knew it was coming, but my bad grammar screwed up my post ^^.

9. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    The Criterion Collection release The Game has been rumored for some time now. It certainly is a title that deserves to be re-released, especially by Criterion.

By the way, I noticed that the Criterion LDs are selling on eBay for approximately $100. I don't know if that is attributable to the success of Panic Room, the fact that the LDs are so rare, or a combination of both. I have never seen them go for this much.

10. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

11. Daniel P

Daniel P Stunt Coordinator

God I hope this CC of The Game gets released one day.

I'm sick to death of getting excited from semi-official rumours, and being let down...

12. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Damien: A seller can't be clueless if he gets his price. A buyer certainly may - I wished more of them would bid on my auctions.

13. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

A buyer isn't necessarily clueless if he/she gets what they want at a price they can afford - they may not be thrifty, but not clueless, at least they won the auction. I agree I'd like more of them to bid when I hold an auction.

14. Veli-Matti Reitti

Veli-Matti Reitti Stunt Coordinator

I just got an answer from Jon Mulvaney at CC, they will not be releasing The Game on CC any time soon[​IMG]