The Galloping Gourmet - Graham Kerr

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Have any of you watched this show? I just think this show is hilarious. It's one of the best, funniest cooking shows out there. I watch this show every night on Food Network. I understand Graham Kerr has another cooking show out now on PBS. I'll have to check that out. I mean, this guy is just outright, funny. He basically similates what REALLY goes on in a kitchen at home. You gotta watch Galloping Gourmet if you haven't already. First time I tuned in, his dish rag got too close to the burner and caught fire and he made it so damn funny. I started tuning in more and more often, checking this show out. And I tune to it every night on Food Network at 1:30 AM Pacific Standard Time. I think this is one of the best cooking shows out there. Graham Kerr is just outright, HILARIOUS!!

2. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Yeah, Kerr is pretty funny, he does have a pretty quick wit that can go over your head if you aren't paying attention. I get the feeling sometimes that the audience doesn't funny appreciate or get his humor sometimes. Check him out!

Chris

3. Ken Garrison

I hope the new show that's coming out this fall is pretty good.

4. Ken Garrison

Any more Graham Kerr fans out there?

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i also think he's a riot!
    my brother-in-law said there are many stories of him getting flat out drunk on the set during taping. it's almost like the cooking itself takes a back-seat. you ever see the way he just whacks something with the knife...totally careless...cracks me up.
    good show! [​IMG]

6. Dave Kalloch

Dave Kalloch Stunt Coordinator

Seen some of his newer shows on PBS and Discovery over the last few years, he's toned it way down.
    Guess everybody mellows with age.

7. Ken Garrison

Graham's supposed to have a new show on PBS this fall. If he has any other shows, tell me what they are called, what channel they are on, and what time they come on. Please.

8. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

I like the old shows I was pretty young then he got relgion its never been the same
    gene

9. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

The Galloping Gourmet has been on TV for at least 30 years here in Seattle. I can remember watching him on TV when I was a kid (I'm 38). He even had a line of cooking stuff at the Bon Marche. I've always been a fan and I like how he shows how you can make decadent old favorites in a healthier (yet still tasty) way.