What's new

The Future of PERRY MASON (Season 6 & beyond) (2 Viewers)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Season 8 Volume 1 coming November 27th: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Perry-Mason-Season-8-Volume-1/17446
Darby

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I am watching Season 7, Volume 1 right now (I'm on disc 3)! I have pre-ordered Season 7, Volume 2 as well as Season 8, Volume 1. Wow! It looks like instead of having to wait 9 years now for all the season sets of Perry Mason, we will only have to wait 8 years. This is way cool!

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Perry Mason Season 8 Volume 2 coming 1/15/13: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Perry-Mason-Season-8-Volume-2/17614
It looks like they are on track to complete the series on DVD in 2013!
Darby

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I am watching "Season 7 - Volume 2" right now of Perry Mason and I am wondering why Barbara Hale is missing in some episodes and has been replaced by Gertie. Anybody know why?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth /t/308682/the-future-of-perry-mason-season-6-beyond/90#post_3999454
I am watching "Season 7 - Volume 2" right now of Perry Mason and I am wondering why Barbara Hale is missing in some episodes and has been replaced by Gertie. Anybody know why?

I don't know this as an absolute fact, but this may have been an absence for health reasons for either her or her kids. She missed 4 consecutive episodes which probably equated to 4 - 6 weeks of "real life" time. Minor surgery/procedures plus recuperative time would fit that time frame. Alternatively, she could have just had some personal issues that needed attending to.

Incidentally, Ms. Hale has been making a few public appearances lately and, at age 90, she looks wonderful. Still as pretty as ever.

Looking forward to your comments, Matt!

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
There is a huge sale on Perry Mason going on at Amazon right now! Movies & TV: TV Deal of the Week - Perry Mason This week only, save up to 64% on individual volumes of Perry Mason. Offer ends January 12, 2013. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_196050_27628120_pe_button/?docId=1000946611&ie=UTF8 Darby

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I got an e-mail from AMazon about this and am so excited to fill in holes on my shelf for half seasons that I'm missing.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
MattH. said:
I got an e-mail from AMazon about this and am so excited to fill in holes on my shelf for half seasons that I'm missing.
Got that email as well. I've been watching some reruns of this recently and decided to order the first two seasons. I've been watching so many B/W classic series that current TV simply no longer entertains me.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Sean. This is a great deal for anyone needing to fill out their collection at bargain prices. Curiously, Amazon has a very high ($50) price for the soon to be released S8 V2. I ended up ordering my copies from DeepDiscount for $33.xx each. These sets have been a delight to watch and have had no major issues with quality, editing, etc. CBS/P did this series proud of DVD.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
David_B_K said:
Got that email as well. I've been watching some reruns of this recently and decided to order the first two seasons. I've been watching so many B/W classic series that current TV simply no longer entertains me.
The series shows absolutely no wear or tear through at least season 4, which is a highly entertaining season, as are the first two you ordered. Do yourself a favor while those prices are down there at $10.00 each, get a couple more seasons. You'll be delighted with them.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
stevelecher said:
The series shows absolutely no wear or tear through at least season 4, which is a highly entertaining season, as are the first two you ordered. Do yourself a favor while those prices are down there at $10.00 each, get a couple more seasons. You'll be delighted with them.
OK, Steve, you've made a sale. I hadn't noticed that those half season sets were also $10.99; so I ordered seasons 3 & 4 as well.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Steve...O said:
Thanks, Sean.  This is a great deal for anyone needing to fill out their collection at bargain prices.  Curiously, Amazon has a very high ($50) price for the soon to be released S8 V2. I ended up ordering my copies from DeepDiscount for $33.xx each.  These sets have been a delight to watch and have had no major issues with quality, editing, etc.  CBS/P did this series proud of DVD.
You're welcome, Steve...O! I was a late starter in terms of collecting Perry Mason on DVD, so this sale will bring me right up to the most current releases (I purchased S5 V2 and S7 V1 yesterday and will be purchasing S7 V2 and S8 V1 this Friday). Darby

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I've just noticed that Season 7: Volume 1: Episode 1 (The Case of the Nebulous Nephew) has the wrong closing credits. Does anyone know if CBS/Paramount is aware of this and if they plan on offering a replacement disc?
---------------

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
ScottHM said:
I've just noticed that Season 7: Volume 1: Episode 1 (The Case of the Nebulous Nephew) has the wrong closing credits.  Does anyone know if CBS/Paramount is aware of this and if they plan on offering a replacement disc? ---------------
Gary16 posted yesterday that CBS was aware and was looking into it. :cool:

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth
Gary16 posted that info back in August and so far nothing has been announced.
Thanks. It doesn't look like we should get our hopes up for a replacement then, does it?
---------------

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Greg Chenoweth said:
Gary16 posted that info back in August and so far nothing has been announced.
Greg, my bad! :( I didn't even pay attention to the date. I started reading the thread last night and I guess I was thinking because I read it last night, it was posted last night. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
JMas said:
That's good news as the previous volumes, although somewhat expensive for half-seasons, have been as nice as any sets I have purchased. I wonder if they will follow the series with the 26 TV-movies that began with Perry Mason Returns. John
Actually there were 30 "PM" TV Movies made from 1985-1995 (starting with "Perry Mason Returns" and ending with "The Case of the Jealous Jokester"). However, only 26 did feature Raymond Burr in his iconic role...as he passed away from liver cancer in late 1993. It would be superb if the TV movies would eventually get released to DVD!! :D But, I don't know if that'll happen or not? The series was a CBS series and CBS/Paramount is the company putting the original series out on DVD...and we now only have the last season to go...so I have very little doubts that sometime this next year Season 9 (the final season) will be released! :) However, the reunion TV movie series were NBC productions (not CBS) so I don't know if NBC owns them or who? :confused: It will probably depend on whoever owns them, and whether or not they'll be willing to spend the $ to get them to DVD. If they did it might take a long time too, as there were so many movies. But, we can hope & pray!! :) Until then, I've gotten a homemade set of all 30 movies from ioffer.com. I also still have many of the original airings on VHS tapes. They're not DVD quality...but they're better than nothing! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks