1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Future of PERRY MASON (Season 6 & beyond)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gary OS, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mark-edk

mark-edk Second Unit

I've been to three Walmarts looking for this with no luck. I can't find it online either, not even at the Walmart site (US).

bmasters9 likes this.
  2. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Don't know if I asked, but why would some Wal-Marts have that 4-6 three-pack Mason, and others not?

Jeff Flugel likes this.
  3. Blimpoy06

Blimpoy06 Screenwriter

Darin
    I believe each Walmart has a "buyer" for their individual store that order product available to them to stock for their store. Some have better sales than others in regards to classic TV on DVD. So each store will be a unique experience based on that.

4. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    From what I understand, WM has a 3rd party (is that what you mean by "buyer" Darin?) who stocks the stores. What any of them get is somewhat a crap shoot. I've seen some of those all-in-one sets shortly after release and others have taken months to show up. I stumbled on the Gunsmoke S5-S7 set in one local store several months after it was mentioned on HTF (I'd given up on it showing up here so was surprised to see it). I never found it on their website (although I did find the S1-S4 one as it was less expensive there than in the store so I did a "order online and pick up in the store" on that one).

I *think* I've seen that Perry Mason S4-6 set here but can't say for sure as I already own them so it's just not on my radar. They finally got some of the other sets people have mentioned in various threads. I'm sure they're selling, but I grew tired of waiting and purchased those of interest elsewhere. They *finally* got The Rifleman S4V2 here (too late as I've already purchased it direct from the publisher/distributor through Amazon and for a lower price than WM). I have yet to see the latest Death Valley Days Regan years volume and some stores have a Midnight Special multi-disc set for ~$10 but I've not seen it here (I would buy either in a heart-beat).

Based on personal experience at the stores here I'd say keep looking. It's likely to show up just when you've decided they won't get any.

5. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Generally the point of what I've said before! When they rotate their stock out every so often, sometimes (more often than not, in my experience), that leads to some great deals.

Flashgear likes this.
  6. Message #306 of 326 Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    So I recently subscribed to CBS All access with the intent of Watching in the Heat of the night. which I have enjoyed. However upon discovering Perry Mason there, I think I should get the Series even though I never watched it much. Is it better to buy the Season volumes? or the Complete Series? I priced them on Amazon last night and read some of the reviews indicating concerns about season 9 discs missing from the Complete series set. Is that or was that the case ? Are the episodes un Edited? I also priced the set of the TV movies but Amazon is only showing it contains one disc. I know there were several TV Movies

Edit: I pulled the trigger on buying the complete series set. How many volumes of movies were there?

7. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    There were five volumes in all - six films in each volume as I recall. I reviewed them all here, so do a search for those reviews and you should find them.

Darby67 and Flashgear like this.
  8. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John

Thank you Matt. I will look for the reviews. I looked at the Movies too. I noticed Amazon has the complete Set but indicates there is only one Disc. How can it be the complete Collection with only one disc ? Am I missing something ?

9. Flashgear

Flashgear Screenwriter

Randall
    That is a very common error in Amazon listings for 'product information' when it comes to multi disc sets. Nothing to worry about John! Others I'm sure can tell you how many discs are involved as I don't have this particular set. But I just ordered a 6 disc and an 8 disc set that are listed on Amazon as one disc! You can't talk to those people to correct this...just look at how many old "reviews" from the old VHS days still pop up when you look at a new Blu-ray edition!

Darby67 and bmasters9 like this.
  10. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Why are reviews mixed anyway?! Is it just the name of the show that the reviews of all versions are allocated under?

11. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Stunt Coordinator

Erich P. Wise
    15 discs. I believe they are the same discs or at least the same content as the discs in the 5 separate volumes.

Darby67, Flashgear and bmasters9 like this.
  12. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    They are-- I purchased that all-in-one of the NBC films, and the movies are in the same configuration as on the individual 3-disc volume releases, even down to the "Double Feature #" labeling.

13. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    I received my set this morning.. It was supposed to come yesterday but Amazon's new Delivery service which Im not happy with in general didnt deliver on time(Has anyone else had a similar issue?). That said I inspected the DVDs and they seem fine. But a few of them were loose as I opened the season law book cases. Im not sure if it was a QC issue with Paramount or the way the package was handled by Amazon but the binding isn't very sturdy. I will be paying close attention as I watch the Seasons

14. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    I've had similar problems with that all-in-one JAG release that I purchased-- 2 or 3 discs were loose on defective holders, such that I had to put those loose discs in sleeves.

John*Wells, Jeff Flugel and Darby67 like this.
  15. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    I have started playing them and noticed there is no play all option. this seems to be a prevailing thing with Paramount that I have noticed at times. The original Star Trek releases dont have a play all option either. On the other hand, Gomer Pyle USMC, Matlock and The Andy Griffith show have play all options for each disc

16. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Actually, from the second season's worth forward, there is:

perrymasonseason2vol1menu.

John*Wells and Darby67 like this.
  17. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John

The series is Preserved very well. I went through the earlier posts in the thread and see that CBS/P remastered it. that alone makes it worth the asking price

bmasters9 and Darby67 like this.
  18. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    And the same with O-R NBC 60s Star Trek, and The Streets of San Francisco, among others!

Darby67 and John*Wells like this.
  19. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    I picked up the Complete Perry Mason Movie Collection for $21.47 on Amazon Yesterday. Thats a Price Drop from $25.08 before the Holiday

Flashgear, Darby67 and bmasters9 like this.
  20. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Great price for a 30-film set!

John*Wells, Flashgear and Darby67 like this.