What's new

The Future of PERRY MASON (Season 6 & beyond) (1 Viewer)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
The CBS announcement on Facebook says, "Justice is served! The Perry Mason Movie Collection Volume 2 arrives 5/13 exclusively at Amazon.com. 6 more movies on DVD for the first time ever. Preorder now!

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Right now the pre-order price is $41.29. Last time the price jumped up pretty quickly so if you want to pre-order it better do it now. You can always cancel if you change your mind.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Greg:

Thanks for the heads up! I preordered Volume 2 and can't wait for its release.

Darby

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I pre-ordered Volume 2 as well and I have pre-ordered Volume 1 with the individual disc releases because it is about $20 cheaper than ordering them altogether.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
The 3 Double Feature releases seem to have disappeared from Amazon.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Greg Chenoweth said:
The CBS announcement on Facebook says, "Justice is served! The Perry Mason Movie Collection Volume 2 arrives 5/13 exclusively at Amazon.com. 6 more movies on DVD for the first time ever. Preorder now!
Darby67 said:
Greg:

Thanks for the heads up! I preordered Volume 2 and can't wait for its release.

Darby
I can't wait for the Volume 2 release...this has truly "made" my day! I'm glad to know that the next 6 movies will be included...however, I probably will not pre-order the set as of yet. I'm in the process of buying other show sets and/or memoribalia right now. ;) However, closer to May I will most likely pre-order it--even if the price has risen again. It's all worth it to me! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
So, at a pace of six movies per volume, they would be able to release all 30 telefilms (including the four without Raymond Burr) in 5 volumes and, at a clip of 2 volumes per year, they should be done by late 2015. Not a bad release schedule at all...but, of course, I'd be fully willing to accept an even more accelerated one :D .

Darby

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
I totally agree! I hope they do exactly that...or as you said have an even more accelerated release schedule. :)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I just checked at Barnes and Noble's website and I was right! The three double feature sets of the PERRY MASON MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 are up for pre-order at that website as well. So the individual disc releases is for mass retail and the collected three disc set is only available through Amazon.com. All three are back up for pre-order through Amazon.com as well but the price has gone up to about $14.75 a disc.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
After the release of Volume 4, there should only be one more volume to be released and the movie series will be done.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
For those of you interested in the Perry Mason character and the TV series, the founder and president of the PM fan club (Jim Davidson) has just published an extensive and exhaustive history as an e-book (link below). I'm still reading it and it is fascinating. He draws upon interviews with many people associated with the show and Erle Stanley Gardner and as well as the Gardner papers.

Jim's writing style is very easy to read and the book is extensively footnoted and sourced. I heartily recommend this. It's a steal at $4.99. This is clearly a labor of love:

http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Mason-Book-Comprehensive-Americas-ebook/dp/B00OOELV1K/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416797894&sr=1-1&keywords=jim+davidson

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Steve...O said:
For those of you interested in the Perry Mason character and the TV series, the founder and president of the PM fan club (Jim Davidson) has just published an extensive and exhaustive history as an e-book (link below). I'm still reading it and it is fascinating. He draws upon interviews with many people associated with the show and Erle Stanley Gardner and as well as the Gardner papers.

Jim's writing style is very easy to read and the book is extensively footnoted and sourced. I heartily recommend this. It's a steal at $4.99. This is clearly a labor of love:

http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Mason-Book-Comprehensive-Americas-ebook/dp/B00OOELV1K/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416797894&sr=1-1&keywords=jim+davidson
Thanks for the heads up on this, Steve. I had about $8 in credit at Amazon, so this was a no-brainer. Can't wait to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks