What's new

The Future of HTF Phantasy Star Games? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
Well gang, it is about 9 days until most of us will start being charged for PSO. I was just wondering who is going to continue playing once the Hunter's License fee is put in to full effect. I plan to still play until a true MMORPG comes out for Xbox Live (which could be awhile) and wanted to get a reading on the consensus around here since playing with people you "know" is much preferable in this game IMHO.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I cancelled a few days ago... there was no way in hell I was paying $9 a month for what used to be free :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Its dead jim :)

With Wolfenstein, MotoGp2, IP, Midnight Club II, Midtown madness III and for some soldier of fortune II. There are way to many game out to be paying for another at the moment

capt

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I can certainly understand. For me, the lure of what amounts to even a semi-RPG is enough to get me to pay the monthly fee. I definitely play Wolfenstein, but I think I am going to chill on buying any more Live games for a while just so I can enjoy the ones I already have. Hopefully there will still be at least a handful of the HTF crowd that will continue to play.

Mario_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with Chris; since I heard that SWG was getting cancelled, this may be the only one for me for awhile...Dangit!!

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
I am not renewing my subscription after the initial Hunter's Liscense expires... I just don't play it enough to justify an additional monthly charge. Good Luck to all who stay with it though :)

James D S

Screenwriter
Chris, Shoot me an invite when you get on and I'll more than likely join you. I still play PSO a bit - so much left to do.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, I will be renewing my HL so count me in. Like Rainmayker said, there is so much left to do in the game. I doubt that most people who have already stopped playing even ever made it to the final Ep II boss, Olga Flow. Most of them probably have not gone through challenge mode to eventually get their S Rank weapon that they can name themselves. Most of them never got the joy of finding their first Demolition Comet, Stink Frame, DB Shield, Custom Barrier, etc.

I will be on for many months to come.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
Woohoo. That final Episode II boss is insane. I can't believe how many Moon Atomizers we went through last weekend and still didn't even put a dent in him.

I'm level 51 and counting. Can't wait to get in to Ultimate.

With Graph, Scar, Rainmayker and myself, it looks like the potential for having more full HTF rooms is pretty good.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-I don't have PSO, but if it'd didn't have the fee I'd certainly be interested.
-It's a ways off, but I'm looking forward to True Fantasy Live Online. I believe this game has potential to be great, though I'd still have to weigh whether I'd pay a fee if there's one associated with the title. I think it'd have to be jaw dropping in order to pull any $$ out of my wallet!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I just picked it up on sale this week, so I have a good 2 months. I'm still a low level character though.

I have to say that my initial experience of PSO with voicechat was less than stellar. In short, it sucked. Dumbasses in the lobbies, people belching in games and/or bitching the whole time... I was looking for some HTF'ers so I could play with normal people, but I must've been on at a bad time.

sigh...*hugs his Dreamcast/keyboard*

-Dave

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually I did beat Episode II. I did a weekend of PSo before i got rid of it :)

capt

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, what ship/block/lobby were you in? I have found that at least the first ship on the list is where you find most people like those that you describe. I have also found that server, at least blocks 1-6, is full of hackers and dupers as well.

I usually play 2 or 3 times a week online and have both a low level (lvl 8) and higher level (lvl 51) character. Shoot me an invite if you are online and I will most likely join (depending on what I am involved in at the time).

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'm torn. On the one hand, I really enjoy playing with the HTF crew. I haven't been on much of late - due to my shoddy connection and summer school - and would like to play more of Episode 2.

But, the $9 a month sets me off. It's not a lot, but I don't want to pay it if I only play the game once a month.

I don't think I'll actually come to a decision until the day before my card will be charged.

In any event, I've a had a blast playing PSO with you guys again. It was nice to see the original "OAR Avengers" together for the first time since the Dreamcast days. And it was great meeting a lot of other people.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Dave, if you want some non hacker/duper people to play with, look me up. Heck, I don't even trade with people I don't know since there's a 99% chance any rare item they have is duped.

My fiance has problems with the "community" as well. Every time she enters a game, she gets sexual innuendo from 12 year old boys.

We both play under the gamertag JCD3nton....as for characters, I'll let you figure it out. Hint: I'm not the tiny pink horneweal named Ducky. We're still at low levels too(35 and 20ish).

Also, if anyone has an Arms for trade, I could use it. I've got grinders burning a hole in my pocket but I feel like my launcher+2 is getting outdated so I've been looking for the next step up.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
If anyone is quitting, I'll gladly accept donations of mags and whatnot. :D

-Dave

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
At this point im glad i sold it and save $9 a month. Im too busy with all these other games. I would have been paying for nothing

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks