What's new

The Future is Wild! Sci-Fi on Animal Planet? (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I can't beleive they actually spent money on this thing and are presenting it in a documentary format. Using terms like "In the future when Humans have left the planet". What the hell does that mean? "Biologists think..":rolleyes
Fun for the kids I guess, but watching it I couldn't think it was just totally meaningless. I just love the names they gave to the future animals too: Killerwhatevers, Motherhuggerbuttfangers, etc...
I just resent the fact they're trying to pass it off as "science" when it's anything but. Then again, this is the channel that shows Animal Psychic...:laugh:
With what Sci-Fi is showing these days they should have bought this one up in a hurry.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I agree that the conjecture about the animals was silly, but I found the predictions on geology and continental drift and their effect on climate interesting. Unlike the biological aspect of the show (which was its main focus, unfortunately), continental drift and corresponding geology is something that we actually can predict millions of years into the future.

Julie K

Screenwriter
The science was pretty poor and I was annoyed by the constant declarations of "in the future blah blah will be true/happen/blah blah".

I was also annoyed by the framing device of the earth being inhospitable to humans and the probes being sent to check things out. If you want to postulate an earth without humans just have us go extinct. It's just silly to say we cannot live on the planet, which clearly is supporting a wide variety of animal life, while at the same time showing that we've got fancy hyperspace technology.

But I will say I got a huge laugh at the end when it was revealed which creature will take over the planet. I suspect a Lovecraft fan was involved who thought it would be a fine little jest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks