What's new

The funniest South Park episode EVER! (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
anyone wanna bet that tonight is going to be the highest rated South Park in years? Considering tonight's going to be their "answer" to Isaac Hayes leaving the show (that's not a spoiler, is it? since it was news), and don't be surprised for some more Scientology dissing, haha

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Bill, thanks for the correction.

For what it's worth, I read an article yesterday that said that a major reason for Hayes leaving the show was the fact that he recently had a stroke and needs to take it easy.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
The best episode not yet on DVD is the Scientology one, but it's no where near as good as the series' three best episodes: Scott Tenorman Must Die, Cartman Joins NAMBLA, and The Biggest Douche in the Universe.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
the Michael Jackson one is another great one not yet on DVD, we'll probably see season 8 in early fall

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

There was a longer-than-usual gap between the DVD releases of Season 4 and 5 due to Trey & Matt being busy on "Team America" but since then the last three DVD releases have tied into the beginning of a new run of shows on TV. We got Season 5 when Season 9 began airing, Season 6 when the second run started and Season 7 when Season 10 started. If that continues we should get:

Season 8 when the second run of Season 10 starts
Season 9 when Season 11 premieres
Season 10 when the second run of Season 11 starts
Season 11 when Season 12 premieres
and
Season 12 whenever, since that's the last season they're contracted to do, though I imagine the previous season would be released at the start of the current season if the show continued after Season 12

I can't wait until the DVD releases catch up with the new episodes. It rocks when a new episode airs on TV and you know that you own every previous episode.

At this rate we have "only" two years to go, that is unless they decide to release seasons 8 & 9 quicker than usual, which certainly wouldn't make me complain.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Best Episode Ever: Season 8, "Good Times With Weapons"

It gets no better. It's pure absurdity, and an acid although accurate portrayal of how 4th and 5th grade kids play with each other. A perfect mix of nostalgia, innocence, and evil, black humor.

Jay: Gotta agree, 7 was more consistent, but Season 8 had quite possibly 5 of the top 10 BEST South Park episodes ever:

Good Times With Weapons
Awesom-O
Goobacks
Stupid Spoiled Whore
Woodland Critter Christmas

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Good Times With Weapons didn't do as much for me, but those other 4 are all right up there.

Blood orgy!!!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I'm a big fan of the Stupid Spoiled Whore episode because:

A. I hate Paris Hilton, with a passion.

B. I love Butters

C. Cartman walking back and forth in front of the girls who were making comments about all the other guys and getting annoyed because they ignore him.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i don't manage to watch it much anymore, but my two favorites are the christian rock episode("token, you're black, of course you have a bass in your basement"), and the one where Kyle from the future comes to town. mainly just for the ending with Cartman. also, not sure which episode, but the one where the guys want to become lesbians("my mom says if i wanna become a lesbian, i've got to lick carpet")

wrestlingchamp

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
my top 10 sp episodes

1. Trapped in the Closet-just so darn funny with R. Kelly singing about Tom Cruise in the closet and the part with the evil alien lord (This is what Scientologists actually believe)
2.The Passion of the Jew-just so wrong with Cartman dressing as Hitler and Kyle asking the Jews to apologize for the death of Jesus, plus Mel Gibson was absolutely looney-tunes-"are you gonna torture me?"
3.Proper Condom Use-disgusting yet hilarious,especially with Mr. Garrison teaching the sexual positions and Mr. Mackey and Miss Choksondik having intercourse
4.The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer-this show was amusing with the kids being kids and trying to catch the trailer in time, but the Russell Crowe show was absolutely hysterical-"making movies,making songs and fightin round the world"
5.Fat Butt and Pancake Head-clever and inventive, the puppet and the songs were hilarious-"I am Hennifer Lopez! I eat tacos and burritos!"
6.Christian Rock Hard-a perfect parody of Christian rock and the greed of many record companies and musicians-"I wanna get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus! I wanna feel his salvation all over my face!"
7.The Losing Edge-the teams trying to lose baseball was amusing, but Randy fighting the other dads made this show; the Rocky spoof was excellent
8.Good Times with Weapons-many classic South Park moments with the gang being ninjas (the attempts to cure Butters and Cartman naked, just to name a few); the song was also awesome
9.Rainforest Shmainforest-a funny, twisted trip to the rainforest
10.Scott Tenorman Must Die-South Park at its weirdest and funniest

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I usually hate "best of" sets, but with South Park, I think it's a great idea. Are there any plans to release a "The Hits: Volume 2" this fall? There's some great eps that seemed purposely left off Vol. 1 so there'd still be enough for Vol. 2, like The Jeffersons, Cripple Fight and Chef Dies. To me, SP is very hit and miss but the great episodes are brilliant.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Gotta go with Rainforest Schmainforest as my all time favorite. Also anytime Cartman sings "Kyle's mom is a big fat bitch....." I howl everytime I hear that.

DaveK

Second Unit
I must buy all 9 seasons.....one at a time. Is amazon the cheapest place to purchase them?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy, Circuit City and Target seem to have the sets on sale for $20 or $25 fairly regularly. It may take a few months but if you keep your eyes on those ads, you'll eventually find a pretty good sale on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks