What's new

The Full Frame/Pan n Scan Hall of Shame (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Can we contact the studios for Disc replacements with the right formats?
If you knowingly bought a pan-and-scan disc, that's on you. I can't see any distributor replacing an old disc with one from a new transfer, unless the old one is actually defective in some way. You might as well ask for DVDs to be upgraded to blu-ray.

Replace1234

Agent
Real Name
Nicky Aiuto
If you knowingly bought a pan-and-scan disc, that's on you. I can't see any distributor replacing an old disc with one from a new transfer, unless the old one is actually defective in some way. You might as well ask for DVDs to be upgraded to blu-ray.
Well, someone bought The Bear (1988) on DVD that was Pan and Scan. Later he or she demanded a disc with the original format, and then a couple of weeks later, he got a replacement disc with the correct format. https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/422165-columbia-fullscreen-dvd-re-issues.html#post6054744
That seems like a clue.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Plus this thread is in the wrong forum too. It should be in the DVD forum.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Plus this thread is in the wrong forum too. It should be in the DVD forum.

I don;t think there was a DVD Section when Scott started the thread in 2003 (and it died in 2003) only to rise from the Ashes after it was exposed to Fresh Air and Sunlight after being backhoed from 24 ft under concrete slab. Quite a lot of the discs in his initial post have since been re-released OAR.

I doubt many studios are going to replace you 15+yo DVD if you complain about it.

I still have no idea how all the newbies find these decade long dead threads. Scott's last post was in 2006 on the forum -- busy bee with 7500 posts in 6 years

Last edited:

Replace1234

Agent
Real Name
Nicky Aiuto
Warner - Space Jam (1996), With Honors (1994), The Great Santini (1979), Spies Like Us (1986)
Columbia/TriStar - The Karate Kid (1984), Look Who's Talking Now (1993), Matilda (1996)
MGM - Larger Than Life (1996)

Those that now have widescreen DVD releases recently are:
-The Karate Kid (1984)
-Look Who's Talking Now (1993)
-Larger Than Life (1996)
-Space Jam (1996)
-The Great Santini (1979)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks