What's new

The Fugitive, worth the upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Maurice Verploegen

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking of upgrading my older version of this movie with the recent SE release. Is is worth it? I know that it has a few more extra's on the disc. But what about the picture and sound? Are they any better, any difference? Thanks for your input.
Mo

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's a new transfer. In side-by-side comparisons, the earlier disc has a bit more detail, but I think that reflects a choice by the disc's producers to sacrifice a little detail for the sake of a brighter image and stronger colors -- which is a common trade-off in video transfers.
I didn't notice any difference in the soundtrack, but I didn't undertake any detailed comparisons.
I didn't find the extras particularly memorable, but I may just have been tired that day. On the whole, I was glad I got the new disc, for the improvements in the image.
M.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I recommend the upgrade. I found the image on the new disc infinitely better than the original. I found the first disc's picture to be grainy and have ghosting problems. The new transfer is immaculate. It also seems that the audio is better on this release too! Throw in the extras and you've got yourself a stellar disc. Only disadvantage is that mandatory introduction to the movie!
David

TheoGB

Screenwriter
The old UK version (well, okay the current one but they're bringing the SE out over here) had the open matte 4:3 version. As a widescreen TV owner I definitely feel the benefit of an anamorphic matted version as oppose to zooming in on a full-screen.
Theo

Craig Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I don't usually upgrade in these situations. But after reading the good reviews, I bought it with no regrets. The improved video and new features are worth it.
icon14.gif

[Edited last by Craig Cunningham on August 19, 2001 at 04:36 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks