The Fugitive TV Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by phil*, Aug 5, 2005.

1. phil*

phil* Second Unit

Would anybody know when "The Fugitive" original tv series starring David Janssen will be released on DVD? Thanks!

2. Bert Greene

Bert Greene Second Unit

I'd sure like to know myself. The rumors about its dvd release go back a full year it seems. I recall, because I was pining for the show and very tempted to drag out my crummy old video-tapes (I have about a third of the series taped), but decided to wait for an impending release. I'd love to sit back and experience the episodes all nice and un-cut, and in chronological order. It's been a LONG wait, and continues to be so. It's been very dispiriting.

3. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    Add me as another voice to this particular chorus. THE FUGITIVE was one of the finest series to ever grace our TV screens. The fact that it's among the missing on DVD is a crime.

I too have some VHS tapes of this series - 40 episodes on 20 tapes that were professionally released (with Barry Morse introductions - a natural for the DVD format!), and the bulk of the rest of the series that I taped from a cable-TV version of WWOR-TV New York, which ran them nightly back in the late '90s. Filled with awful '1-800' commercials, I've mulled over putting them onto DVD myself and eliminating the commercials.

I think I'm missing about four or five episodes - but I'd eagerly be first in line to buy season sets of this great series.

Harry

4. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    I'm in absolute shock that this show has not been released yet. Mr. Blythe, who no longer works at Paramount, told me over 2 years ago he thought the show would be released soon (although he never gave me a date or even suggested that it was already in the works - just that he too thought it would be released soon). I would have bet anything that we would have had at least Season 1 in our hands by this time. It's easily the best classic drama/action show Paramount has, but when it comes to classic tv, they've focused more on comedy than drama or action.

Gary "this is easily my favorite show of all time" O.