What's new

The Fugitive: Season 4 Vol. 2 (1 Viewer)

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Date of release and art work released today.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fugitive-Season-4-Volume-2/14774

Includes the final two part episode, "The Last Judgment" AKA "The Day The RUNNING Stopped".

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
I hear they're letting Mark Heyes re-shoot the ending.

Just kidding.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Originally Posted by Roy Wall

Date of release and art work released today.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fugitive-Season-4-Volume-2/14774

Includes the final two part episode, "The Last Judgment" AKA "The Day The RUNNING Stopped".

Not to be nitpicky, but the final two-parter is simply called "The Judgment" (Parts 1 and 2). That particular set of episodes has been released many times in home video. I have a couple of VHS tapes, a LaserDisc and even a recording made from a 1993 showing on NBC around the time of the movie version with Harrison Ford entering theaters. Still I'm anxious to see it in all its glory on DVD this February.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I wonder how the ratings were on that 1993 airing of the final episode. Did it pull in some viewers?

Steve Lecher

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
NBC also prior to airing "The Judgment" in 1993 also aired "The Girl From Little Egypt" from Season 1. The TV Guide had indicated it was going to air the pilot episode "Fear In A Desert City" but evidently they switched episodes since "Girl From Little Egypt" had the critical flashback scenes of the murder and trial from Kemble's vantage point.

The ratings I don't think were particularly good. And I also remember how "The Judgment" was edited severely with Gerard's first scene in Pt.1 with Joseph Campanella cut (that's when I lost interest in watching the rest).

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Question.......Could'nt Paramount have found a BETTER photo of David for the cover? He looks sick....Just asking.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I've always thought Janssen looked much older than his actual age. In the Fugitive he was 32 to 36 but looked at least ten years older. In "Centennial" he was 46 but looked like he was in his 60s. He must have lived a hard life.

Originally Posted by disctrip

Question.......Could'nt Paramount have found a BETTER photo of David for the cover? He looks sick....Just asking.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The book The Fugitive Recaptured ignores it, but David Janssen, though a well-liked and respected actor, had a major drinking problem, which accelerated his physical appearance and likely contributed to his death in 1980 at the age of 49/50.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I think David looks good and young when the series begins. However, he ages quickly so that by season four, he seems very tired and weary, not to mention heavier. On season three episodes they would occasionally use season one footage in an epilogue and it was obviously out of place because of his youthful and lean appearance.

Steve L.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
That was the very first thing I noticed on the first season 4 episode was how tired and wear he looked !

I wonder if the show being in color may have added to his seemingly advanced age.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
I think I can tell where Pete Rugolo got his idea for" The Fugitive" theme. Watched an episode of the "Thriller" box set (The Watcher) and at the 43:00 mark the music sounds like a slow version of "The Fugitive" theme. Rugolo scored "Thriller" in 1960 and the music from this episode has that "Fugitive" theme in it, but slowed down.:rolleyes: 

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by disctrip

Ack! Delete that post! If someone from CBS sees it, they will recall all the Fugitive DVDs out there and change the theme music! Mark Heyes is already hard at work on a replacement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks