What's new

THE FUGITIVE - Season 2 Volume 2 (2 Viewers)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
TheGreatOz - I don't have S1 handy but take you at your word that the wording about "restored audio" was on the S1 releases; I stand corrected and offer apologies for the error.

I do still stand by my opinion that CBS/P was and continues to be deceitful in the way they've handled this whole situation. They have done a great job with other releases but not this one.

This may have come up with the S2 V1 release but Pete Rugolo is still alive. I have no info on his current health (he turned 93 a few weeks ago) but it would be interesting to hear his take on this and the apparent trend (noted by Carab in the MTS thread) of excising his work and that of others from various series.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
If I recall the essence of an earlier thread, Pete Rugolo relinquished all rights to his Fugitive work to CBS in the 1960s. It was a buyout. Unfortunately, his opinion of being replaced on the DVD versions is moot. I'm sure he would be as disappointed as we are that his music is being lost to future audiences.

When dealing with CBS/P over this Fugitive music snafu, my opinion is reflected in my little picture on the left. :frowning:

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al

I missed the end of this part of the discussion, and now that we're getting good disks, it really is moot. But I have to add that it would matter to me. I was young and don't remember the episodes by heart; I boycotted because it is a classic show and therefore on general principles. But if Rugulo came out and said, "you know, this was done rather well", I would have rethought my decision.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
News from tvshowsondvd.com that the Season 2, Volume 2 release will not contain replaced scores makes this a must buy for me :emoji_thumbsup:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yeah, I have to get my head around the fact that I might actually get this series after all--and after all the emotional reorientation I had to go through to let it go in my mind. Whew. What a roller coaster ride.

Great news!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Not quite an "I told you so", but close. Back in January, I posted this in this thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/3493281-post65.html

Later posts in the thread kind of squelched my ideas, but it seems I wasn't too far off from reality.

A HUGE "Thank You" to the guys at TV Shows on DVD. Davey and Gord have been on top of this situation and haven't let us down. Bravo!

A big "Thank You" to CBS/Paramount too, for doing the right thing!

Harry

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I just saw one too, Jeff. Wow!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Gary "I'll reserve ultimate praise until I see the finished product, but if the backscore is restored and we are only dealing with minor changes (ala Season 1) then CBS/Paramount is back in my good graces - like they really care. I know, I know" O.

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis

It looks like our "childish whining" has done the opposite of sinking "The Fugitive". Thanks to all us children (AKA intelligent, verbal consumers), the correct music will be restored.

And the music DOES matter.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant

Whining or not... I hope the studios just understand the message:
The fans want the shows in the least un-altered form possible.
It sounds so simple, doesn't it? I wish it where that simple.

-g

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I know what caused this. It's the fact that I finally gave up on Paramount ever getting it right a few days ago and bought the bootleg set.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
I even gave up on this thread a month ago.
Good thing I subscribed to tracking the thread.

Now...if CBS/Paramount could fix this economy...
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

I know what you mean.

Back in 2005, I spent a lot of time transferring THE TIME TUNNEL from old VHS tapes to DVD-R. The minute I was finished - the series was announced for DVD release!

So, thank you for doing what you did, prompting the DVD gods to act in our favor!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Harry

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I just bought a bootleg set of MAYBERRY RFD on the same hope--that Warner Bros will act now that I kicked out my hard-earned cash!

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
That has yet to work for me on the remaining three seasons of HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL. :cool:

But with this outreach by CBS, there's an ever-so-faint glimmer of hope! ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very classy move by CBS. Some will no doubt bicker that it's not perfect and they shouldn't have changed the music in the first place, but whatever - This is the right thing to do, and they are showing respect for the fans and the show.

I will also be glad to continue purchases of the show, starting with S2, Vol 2. (Glad I didn't return S2, V1 - which I have never taken out of the wrapper!)

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
Wow, now I can go buy the remaining sets that I didn't have. I'm really glad CBS/Paramount listened so we can all enjoy the future releases.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

That action speaks volumes.

Carab, you're the one fan who's actually seen the results of the music restoration at this point, and if it's good enough for you to have faith in the next volume, then we should all take that to heart.

I too have already ordered Season Two, Volume 2 along with VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, Season Four, Volume 1, due out on the same day, 3/31/09.

Harry

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I pre-ordered the volume out of appreciation and a show of good faith for what CBS/Paramount has done. They'll probably take a loss, but they did the right thing and I believe it's important to support that kind of action with a pre-order even if all the cues I would like could not be restored to the current set and future sets.

Others might want to wait until after they get their replacement discs for season two, volume one so they can decide personally whether the restoration parameters are acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks