What's new

THE FUGITIVE - Season 2 Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I really don't care to revisit this entirely aggravating subject (the sickening treatment of one of my all-time favorite shows), but I have to jump in to say that I find it EXTREMELY disturbing if the 'syndicated' run is now utilizing those re-scored prints as well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean that it doesn't or can't matter to other people. DO NOT complain if the whole series doesn't get released on DVD because Paramount desroyed their own sales by changing the music.

I could be wrong but I imagine that this will be the last release of The Fugitive and the only reason that this is coming out at all is because they already spent the money on the new score and want to try to recoup some of that money.

buford2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Ok, I went thru a couple of episodes and found the music cues I am interested in finding out about. Id like to know if they are CBS cues or Rugulo cues.

In Taps For a Dead War:

8:59 to 9:26
17:53 to 20:37
41:20 to 42:07
45:46 to 46:15

In Flight From the Final Demon:

1:56 to 3:10
3:11 to 3:43
3:47 to 4:02
6:54 to 7:09
9:35 to 10:17
20:13 to 21:39
24:12 to 26:20
31:04 to 32:17
32:18 to 34:10
36:27 to 36:38
37:09 to 39:20
39:53 to 41:45
41:46 to 42:34
44:51 to 46:34
46:35 to 47:47
48:48 to 49:48

There may be a duplicate in here but I dont think so. Anyway, if someone has absolutely nothing else to do I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Dave
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

elec08

Agent
Real Name
Todd Emery

I will complain because it will be the childish whining of people like you that sinks this series. The music DOES NOT matter. If you like the music so much, go and buy the soundtrack on CD.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

I respectfully disagree with the first part. The "audio" verbiage is not found on CBS/P other releases (at least none that I'm aware of). The "restored" part presumably is supposed to "disclose" the new underscore to the series without actually admitting there is a new underscore. This is a material enough change that the magnitude of it should have been disclosed to the buyer.

For the second part, you are well within your rights as a consumer to purchase this if the music changes don't bother you. It's unfortunate that CBS/P didn't make full disclosure with the changes.

Bottom line is that this iconic series deserved better.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Funny how it is always someone with very few posts who comes into these FUGITIVE threads and tries to stir up trouble. For my part, I'm gonna ignore them. If someone with more than 5 posts comes alongs and says they love the show with the new music, I might be inclined to actually take their post seriously. It's the same with 5-star reviews of the altered sets on Amazon; virtually all are by first-time reviewers.

True, I had only 1 post when I broke the news about the original alterations; the difference is I was stating a fact, not an opinion, and my post didn't repeat a previous pattern of an inciting a conflict that ended up with the previous thread being locked.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
It is quite true that Mr. Emery, "elec08", seems to have one mission in life on this forum. At this point in time, he's had exactly five posts - three in the other thread and one here. There's one other post back in November in a HTPC thread about backup software.

And it was our esteemed Mr. Epstein who pointed out that Mr. Emery's posts in the old thread were few and suspicious, yet were inflammatory enough to cause heightened emotions in the waning days of that thread.

I believe our friend Carabimero is correct - that people like "elec08" seem to exist to stir up the pot and provide opposing points of view. The same applies to the five-star reviewers over at Amazon.

Anyone on the Internet can say anything. Anonymity provides cover so people feel that they can just say anything.

I urge everyone to simply ignore Mr. elec08 until such time as he proves himself a member with valid viewpoints. For a member to only have such an apparent singular mission in life seems a bit odd, but we all have our interests.

Harry

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't begrudge Mr. elec08 to say whatever he wants within the posted rules--I'd just hate to give him the satisfaction of inciting another conflict that locked this thread too.

Richard Kimble kept his cool under forces that tried to make him crack--a great example for all!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Hmmm...a new member making his first posts about music changes in The Fugitive...why does that sound so familiar?

RevisedAndExpanded

Auditioning
Real Name
Barry
I don't think someone's opinion should be called into question because of their number of posts. Some people, like me, specifically came to this message board to find out information on the upcoming release, given that TVShowsonDVD has been the only decent source on The Fugitive.

But I specifically used an ID I use on other boards when discussing The Fugitive in order to establish that I'm not some fly-by-night poster.

(And yes, I know people aren't referring to me, but I'm trying to get across that post counts shouldn't necessarily be the yardstick of credibility.)

Personally, I DO love the new releases even though I don't like the new music. The new music does take away from my enjoyment, because I miss the Rugolo (spelled correctly this time -- thanks for the correction) scores.

But even with the new music, I love the stories, the acting, the drama ... absolutely everything else about it. Some have said that, for them, the music is half the reason they like the show. That's fine.

I also think that people who are upset about the music have every right to complain, boycott ... whatever. I'm not going to be one of the people boycotting, myself -- I'll be buying the DVDs whether they have restored music or not. But I understand the position of those who differ.

elec08

Agent
Real Name
Todd Emery
A message board is for the expression of opinions. If you don't like my opinions, don't read them. I am of the opinion that people who complain about the music changes are childish. I know full well that this childish whining will in all likelihood bring an end to the Fugitive on DVD, and that's a damn shame.

elec08

Agent
Real Name
Todd Emery

That has NOTHING to do with it. I'm here because I love the Fugitive. This is one show that was long overdue for a DVD release. Over the years, as other inferior shows were put on DVD, the Fugitive wasn't, under last year. "Stir the pot?" Oh, so because I don't care about the music changes, I'm stirring the pot? You people need to stop and look at what your complaining will accomplish: the demise of the Fugitive on DVD. Again, if you want the music, buy the soundtrack.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Just a note for the current participants in this thread: The thread remains open, and further replies to "elec08" will not be necessary.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
With all due respect, I explained in an earlier post that "audio" does not refer to the music...it refers to the dialog tracks.

Further, neither does "restored audio" refer to the new music of Season 2, because both Season 1 Volume One and Volume Two carry the following disclaimer "Transferred from the original negative with restored audio." And...as we all know and love, Season One has the Rugolo music. ;)

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
Yes, and thank you Michael for removing the post that referred to "diapers"...
some of us older members might be sensitive to such metaphorical sarcasm. :laugh:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
No posts were removed. That reference appears to have been removed by the poster, but not before it was widely seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks