What's new

THE FUGITIVE, Season 2, Vol. 1 - Replacement Program Announced (1 Viewer)

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
hmmmm, That may not be a good thing over all.
It's good they are still releasing the show, but if done so quickly after the Heyes
debacle, it may mean that season 3 also has that god forsaken music on it.

Lets keep our fingers crossed it does not !!

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
They only started transferring season 3 to HD recently so there would not have been any rescoring prior to that (which was after they corrected season 2).

elec08

Agent
Real Name
Todd Emery

Why not? Other people who got the sets before you reported just that: that they got a sealed set. Seems to me you should do more reading.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Let's not put the cart before the horse folks. Remember it's an "unconfirmed" rumor. Nothing is written in stone and things can easily change on a dime.

Best bet is to sign up for notification from TVShowsOnDVD, and the moment they know and post something, you'll get an email - and then can come here to HTF to see who beat you to the punch!

Meanwhile, just keep an eye out...

Harry

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
My latest little birdie info tells me that the set has been postponed. It was due out early in July and that's obviously gone by the wayside. I guess there's still time for a very late July release, but I think we are going to have to wait a bit longer.

Gary "I can only hope that the folks at CBS/P are trying to make Season 3 more like Season 1 and that's the holdup - but I have no idea if that's true or not" O.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Curious about something here, I have yet to begin collecting Fugitive *ducks the slings and arrows* and I know that Season 2, Vol. 1 has a limited window of replacement time. But my question is are current releases of S2, V1 "fixed" of music issues or should I grab S2, V1 now and get it replaced posthaste?

I ask because Amazon.com has a box set of S1 & 2 of Fugitive up on their site right now and it's a BIT out of my price range now, so trying the plan my next TV collecting move.

Info, please?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe that the common knowledge is that it isn't going to be found at retail but if Paramount still has extra copies after the cutoff date, it's not like they're going to throw them away. However, I certainly wouldn't count on being able to locate a corrected copy at retail.

Long story short, if I were you, I would buy S2V1 now and get it replaced just to be on the safe side. Then eventually pick up the other releases as you get the chance.

EDIT: Keep in mind that there's no way to tell if it's the corrected disc without opening the package which is another good reason to send in for the replacement.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack

I think we still have to take basic comfort in the fact that S3 will come at some point this year, because the HD transfer info basically indicates they're still committed. I was prepared to wait the usual six months or even nine months for S3 V1 which means if it comes between September and December that would be "normal".

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

That's what I did. I'm so backlogged I can't even see starting this series for a while but I didn't want to miss out on the replacement set so I ordered it and got mine already. I don't want to have to wait between releases, so I will probably start viewing after season 3 is released and when season 4 is announced.

It is possible that there may be another reason why they aren't putting the replacements sets in general circulation. I'm not sure but they might have to actually state the difference, which might bring more attention to it resulting in more people requesting the replacement set.

There are some here that seem to be more into the know of how all this works. Anyone know if there are any negative ramifications if they just started providing the replacements to vendor once the initial set is depleted?

jquirk

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Been watching some of the episodes on the replacement set, and it has been a mind-boggling experience. Some episodes -- including all of the ones on DISC 2 -- seem to have all of the original music.

Other episodes -- such as "Escape into Black" -- have noticeable Heyes but so little it is tolerable. However, I think "The Iron Maiden" had too much Heyes, so much so that it completely ruined my enjoyment. I kept thinking to myself "Please stop with this horrible Heyes" but the stinkrot kept trucking along. I still don't understand why CBS had to retain any Heyes after all the complaints. Silence or insertion of CBS-owned music would have been much better.

elec08

Agent
Real Name
Todd Emery

Are you trying to say YOU were the first person to receive the replacement set? Not if you received it after March 4, you weren't. Sylvia received hers first.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
Just found some info to equip us Fugitive fans in letting our voices be heard!

It's time to take action … The Fugitive needs OUR help! We need to get the word out and demonstrate to CBS/Paramount that there is a very strong fan base for The Fugitive and we want a release worthy of this great show: intact and complete with ALL of the music restored!

The most important action we can take is to send letters to CBS requesting the release of The Fugitive as originally brodcasted with all of the music restored, including the song in "Ballad for a Ghost'!. Our letters indicating the displeasure to the recent destroyed release of Season Two and the request for a release with all of the origianl music intact will make CBS aware of just how profitable a proper DVD release of The Fugitive could be. Please also make yourself heard via a voice message, tvshowsondvd.com and the various message boards on the internet.

Send your letters to:

CBS Home Entertainment
ATTN: Ken Ross, Exec. VP & General Manager
1700 Broadway, 33rd Floor
New York, NY 10019

Leave a Voice Message:

(212) 975-3241 When transferred to an operator, ask for Ken Ross.

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I do not understand the previous post, I guess you have been out of touch for awhile. If you go to the begining of this thread you will see that the music HAS BEEN FIXED!!!! CBS is offering replacement discs with the original music restored! There are still a couple of places in the new set with replacement music but would not even be noticed except for the fact that a couple of conservative extremists here want to keep droning on about it. It is completly insignificant. CBS has done themselves proud, they have done the hard work, they have listened to us. Season 2 DVD's are now on the highest pedestal in our collections. We have gone back and corrected our reviews on Amazon and now are praising CBS, some of us to the point of slobbering!

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser

I have been in touch! Maybe you are out of touch! The Season Two Volume Two has QUITE ALOT of replaced music: much more than the fixed DVD's. CBS has taken out cues that they own, (Twilight Zone cues for example) that were placed in The Fugitive and replaced them with new music. For no reason! THEY OWN THE MUSIC THEY REPLACED! And I guess you are happy that they still replaced the song performed by Janis Page in Season Two Volume One, Episode "Ballad for a Ghost". The song is actually in the script of that episode and was written for that episode. Yeah, lest praise CBS for replacing that song since it was written for that episode. And lets praise them for replacing cues that they own from Season Two Volume Two!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The ignore function is a beautiful feature. I highly suggest it.

Gary "life is too short to deal with that garbage" O.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser

I take it that he is the one that you guys have had arguments with in the past and I fell into his argument trap, didn't I ?

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I don't know if this has been discussed, but I was just watching the 4th season shows and noticed that 90% of the music was Dominic Frontiers score from the first season of Outer Limits and yet he doesn't get a mention on the ending credits. What's up with that? I know this hasn't been released yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks