1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

THE FUGITIVE, Season 2, Vol. 1 - Replacement Program Announced

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gord Lacey, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Gary16

Gary16 Screenwriter

Gary
    Since you seem to be the only poster who has not received your discs it's possible they never received your letter. You should check their online address for an update.

2. Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V Supporting Actor

Tina

Thank you, Gary. I am going to do that. At this rate, they propably never received it--or they did and tossed it aside!!!!!!

3. Tina_H_V

Tina
    Well, I did it!!!!!

I finally sent my letter off to CBS/Paramount regarding the way they are jerking me around concerning The Fugitive.

And until they come through and deliver me the replacement discs I do have coming...I promise to e-mail them regularly until satisfaction is, indeed, delivered--guaranteed!!!!!!!!!

The first e-mail has been sent.

The next one will follow as soon as tomorrow if I do not hear from them soon.

They have crossed the wrong woman on this deal!!!!!!!!!

4. Tina_H_V

Tina
    Well, here I am, into week five awaiting the arrival of my Fugitive replacement set and STILL NOTHING FROM CBS/P!!!!!!

I sent one letter last night. I have sent word again just moments ago.

And, as aformentioned, I shall continue to do so each and every day until CBS/P makes good on my now-long-overdue delivery.

Like Andy Dufrense in The Shawshank Redemption, I shall continue to send these letters in to CBS/P with regularity!!!!!! I am prepared to keep this up as long as necessary until satisfaction is, indeed, delivered guaranteed!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Tina_H_V

Tina
    Well, well, well...

After five days of continued e-mailing to the duly noted address on the replacement form...I finally received a reply today!!!!

Apparently, CBS/P has, indeed, received my replacement form and will be still sending me my replacement DVD set.

Be it that it has now been nearly five weeks since I sent them my replaement form I sure as H hope I shall receive the set soon.

On a rainy night here such as this one, I sure could use the
    episodes now!!!!

Oh, well...until then, it is onto the other side of the sophomore season.

I shall continue to keep you all posted!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. Tina_H_V

Tina
    Well, how about that.

A week and a-half after beginning my letter-writing campaign...six days after receiving a response from them at long last...and five and a-half weeks after originally sending forth my replacement disc set order form in...

...I FINALLY, AT LONG LAST, RECEIVED MY S2, V1 FUGITIVE REPLACEMENT DISC SET TODAY IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!??????? I SURE AS H KNOW THAT I CANNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT HERE IT IS!!!!!!! AND I AM SO VERY GLAD ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

Thus, I can rest easily on the subject and, despite the music mishaps which got us all into this mess in the first place, call The Fugitive as Two Down, Two To Go!!!!!!!

And now, on to Season Three on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Thanks, everybody here at HTF, for your ideas, input, suggestions and support!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Harry-N

Harry-N Producer

Harry N.

A little birdie tells me to start looking for Season Three Volume One sometime around July, with Volume Two perhaps by December. Totally unconfirmed but a definite "maybe".

Harry

8. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Good news if that's true! If July is correct there should be an announcement in the next two weeks in keeping with the usual three months advance warning (which would thus indicate a late July release).

9. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary

That little birdie is really making the rounds then because I had a little bird tell me the same thing about 3 weeks ago.

Gary "I'm just hoping for less Heyes - unfortunately the little birdie didn't have any specific info on that" O.

10. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

We must have sent our proof of purchase tabs in around the same time because I finally received my set yesterday as well. So I will join you in your exuberance and just say, H O O R A Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the last 5 weeks, as desperately as I wanted to see these episodes, I never put on a single disc with the predominantly scored Heyes stuff. Only now, after I popped in the disc 1 replacement, did I do a comparison and I honestly say I am eternally grateful that Paramount saw this replacement program through.

Last night I watched "Man in a Chariot", marveling at the memorable performance that Ed Begley gave.

11. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Must be nice to have those "birdies" around. The only birds I hear are the ones in my yard fighting over the bird seed [​IMG]

That's good news about the S3 info. I watched one of the S2V2 episodes last weekend "The End is but the Beginning" and noticed either no Heyes or a very small amout in the episode.

12. Richard Gallagher

Reviewer

Rich Gallagher
    Okay, I was expecting to receive four discs and a replacement insert, but instead they sent me an entirely new, sealed set of Season Two Volume One. I won't have a chance to do a comparison until later, but has anyone else received their replacement sets this way?

There is nothing on the packaging to differentiate this from the original S2V1 release.

Can someone suggest an episode or scene where Rugolo's music has been restored so I can do a quick check on this? Thanks.

13. Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen Lead Actor
    Supporter

Doug
    I believe that everyone who received this set got a sealed copy.

Sorry that I cannot point you to a specific scene to check out the music. If you have played the original set, check that episode on the new set and you should hear a larger majority of the correct cues.

Doug

14. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Start with the first episode "Man In A Chariot" and notice the different Act 1 opening, and then notice the difference from 41:24 on to the end of the episode where two significant piece of CBS Library Music from Twilght Zone are restored to their proper places (The haunting "Invaders" cue as Ed Begley makes his speech to the students, and then the suspenseful cue from "Back There" as Kimble hides in the library).

15. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

My copy of the corrected disc has the 'serial number info' (the string of numbers written on the back inner ring of the discs) has an R1 at the end of it. My original copy has R0 written on it. Make sure to have your glasses handy. [​IMG]

Having only seen my original copy and the replaced copy, I can't say that's the definitive way to tell the difference between the two though.

16. Richard Gallagher

Reviewer

Rich Gallagher
    Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I'll check it out as soon as I finish work.

17. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

Brad Smith
    Just got mine 9 business days after sending it in. Maybe they got bogged down with all the initial rebates requests sent in, or possibly they process them in batches and some get in on the beginning of the cycle and others at the end.

18. Tina_H_V

Tina

So did I!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] I truly remember how much I actually enjoyed this episode from the first time I had viewed it many years ago as well as admiring Mr. Begley's great performance--particularly his stiring monologue towards the end of ACT IIII. Very much more like it with these replacement discs!!!!!!! [​IMG]

And Smith...I am so very glad you did not have to endure a needlessly long wait as some of us here unfortunately had to. Congratulations!!!!!!! [​IMG]

And cool news on Season 3, Harry. If we can actually get 75% of the way home to The Judgment by XMAS...HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!! [​IMG]

19. shadyguy

shadyguy Stunt Coordinator

Brad Lloyd
    Tina, I must have missed something.
    What was the news on Season 3 ???

20. Harry-N

Harry-N Producer

Harry N.

There are unconfirmed rumors of Season Three Volume One release sometime this summer with a Volume Two later in the year.

Harry