What's new

THE FUGITIVE, Season 2, Vol. 1 - Replacement Program Announced (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And as a further addendum to the list of titles updated in the syndication bible, "Mannix" is reported as having S7 finished and that they're already starting S8, the final season. With only S2 released so far, it looks like we're seeing a real major commitment to putting the entire series out (and S8, like S1, was never syndicated).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Shoot. I saw that one initially and forgot to post it. Thanks for that pickup, Jack! I know it's one of Jeff Willis's favorites, so I meant to post it.

Gary "definitely looks like that show will see a full release" O.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Wow, Gary's full of great news today (and mega thanks to Jack P for the Mannix update; I'm loving Mike Connors in this role).

I had not yet jumped back on the Fugitive bandwagon but this renewed commitment to the series by CBS/P is a very good sign. I'm waiting for S2 V2 reports to come out first to hear what the Fuge gurus think before jumping back on full scale though.

Steve "good news is much appreciated today" O

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Also updated are Hawaii Five-O, now seasons 1-7, and Mission: Impossible, the complete series!

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I'm definitely surprised by One Step Beyond. I'd be really impressed if they released that one.

I guess they're not so much retrenching as choosing to release different series. So far, it looks like the casualities are The Streets of San Francisco and Rawhide. There are no updates either for Gunsmoke and The Mod Squad, but maybe that's because each of their next releases are in May.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And we also missed the update on "Vegas" getting its first season transferred to HD, which means that title is likely headed for eventual release.

Not being a "Rawhide" fan (I've never seen an episode), I'm not that bothered by that title's stalling but I wanted to see "Streets Of San Francisco" continue since to me it's location shooting is what elevates it above many other cop shows of the period (just as "Hawaii Five-O" is enhanced by its location shooting).

The irony on "One Step Beyond" is that today I just picked up the 50 episode Mill Creek set before I saw the info!

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
HGWT S4...
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The Paramount site also indicates the first season of Bonanza, plus 32 later episodes have been transferred to HD also.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Jack, unless you just hate westerns altogether as a genre, I'd strongly encourage you to pick up the first season of RAWHIDE. Wait for sale and pick it up just for a "test drive". It's a dynamic show that is more than just a western. It has elements of suspense, mystery, drama, action, and many other layers. It's just a great, great show and knowing the kind of series that you like, I believe you should give it a try. It was basically a blind buy for me (having almost no memories of it) and now it's one of my all-time favorite series.

Gary "just my two cents, but I think you might enjoy it if you like westerns even just a little" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Thanks Steve. It really was a "bonanza" (no pun intended) of info coming in from CBS/Paramount. Here's to hoping all those shows that are being transferred to HD really are going to see DVD releases in the near future. While I will ache with withdrawal pains over RAWHIDE apparently stalling, all these other updates will certainly help ease the pain. I'd personally be interested in just about every one of those transfer updates.

Gary "I believe, based on past updates to that site, we can anticipate releases for almost all those shows within the next 6 to 8 months - some probably much sooner" O.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Something I forgot to mention with my viewing of this S2V1 set - I think it was in a diner scene with Lois Nettlton in "Man On A String" - but the radio in the diner is playing a baseball game. It was fun to hear the voice of the great Vin Scully calling the game and to realize that he really is still on the job today.

I'm assuming that we might be hearing a real broadcast there, or a tape of one looped into the soundtrack. I wonder if MLB had to be consulted on the use of the "accounts of the game" being the property of Major League Baseball! :eek: I won't tell if you don't!

Harry
...hating the Dodgers, but loving Vin Scully, online...

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Gary, probably someday I'll check out "Rawhide" but at the moment my plate is too full of other titles I'm just starting or working my way through. For the most part I am not a fan of the western genre but only softened that stance for "The Big Valley" and then "Gunsmoke". Those shows that come off more as solid dramas than pure westerns are the ones I'll be more open to (and I just ordered the "Wagon Train" set through Amazon's discount so I have that to get through too).

Incidentally, checking the syndication bible in full, I only found one old title transferred to HD thathas had no DVD release of any kind and that's the 1979-80 sitcom "The Bad News Bears." (and that transfer was done nearly a year ago).

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

I can't believe you forgot Mannix :laugh: Thanks for the info, Gary. That one's on my certain-buy list but like you and others here, I'm waiting for an online CBS/P sale for several sets and Mannix S2 is one of them.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Bob, you're timing is amazing as usual :emoji_thumbsup: When I read your post I checked my Amazon cart and all of the CBS/P prices have dropped. Rawhide S3V2 is $20.99 . That's one of the must-haves that I've been waiting for a price reduction. Matlock S2 is at $26.49 .

Thanks again!

Jeff "Gary's notified of this sale" W.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Cool! I just picked up several CBS/P titles I had been waiting on for sales or price reductions!! Thanks Jeff (and Bob)!!!

Gary "the last couple of days have brought good news on numerous TV on DVD fronts" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

Thanks for the tip. I just checked and the prices of the Fugitive, Perry Mason, Untouchables, Gunsmoke, and Andy Griffith have all been reduced. These are all high on my wanted list. Too bad Combat! isn't reduced, I guess it wasn't CBS.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Combat! was released by Image Entertainment and it does go on sale from time to time at sites like Amazon, DeepDiscount and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks