What's new

"The Fugitive" (1963): Season 1; Volume 1 Rumored To Be In The Works! (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
have Paramount announced any vintage titles for Feb? Does seem like Untouchables would be put out the same time as The Fugitive.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Does anyone think that the writers' strike may be playing havoc with the studios' release schedules? Especially since the whole reason for the strike is that the writers want more of the "new media" share.

Harry

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I doubt it. DVD probably won't be a factor in the final deal. The WGA proposed taking the increased DVD royalties off the table to get talks restarted, but the studios weren't having it.

Rightly or wrongly (and I say it is wrong), DVD sales aren't seen as being significant in the future, as downloading and other electronic distribution are seen as the future.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Very nice news. I'm glad we are seeing this one in February. Anything beyond that and I would have been very concerned and slightly upset.

Gary "still hate that we are apparently only going to get one season per year, but what are you gonna do" O.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I received the email from tvshowsondvd when I arrived at work this morning and I must say I'm greatly relieved. Now only six more announcements to go(!) Thank goodness this series had a conclusion as it should bode well for an entire series release.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

If not a tad quicker. This is the slowest I want to see this series released. One season per year is pretty tough to take as it is, but anything slower would be unbearable for me.

Gary "I've been advocating a quarterly release schedule for this show ever since we first found out we'd be getting split seasons - at least that way we'd get 2 seasons a year" O.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

That's precisely how they should be released. With HD-DVD increasingly gaining on SD for market share, the current schedule makes me a bit nervous.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
When you guys figure out the studio's release schedules, let me know :confused:

A 4-yr wait for Barney Miller S2? Man, think about what that would do here with the Fugitive (we won't go there :alien: )

But what matters is seeing that TSoD post this morning. If Bob wasn't so fast at the PC, another Fuge Fanatic would have done it :laugh:

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
I was just telling someone last night that we need to get an announcement any day now to keep on the 6-month schedule that Paramount seems to follow. And that means next month should see word on the next Untouchables and Streets of San Francisco sets. I too would prefer either 3-month intervals (or full season sets every six months) but I can live with them spread out as long as we get them. Besides, they'll be 105 hours of Man from UNCLE to watch in a couple of weeks.:)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Great news. Agreed that the schedule is a bit long, but at least is IS being released! Getting through these will be almost like the original run. In fact, it would probably be best advised to spread out the viewing of these episodes if this schedule continues, like one every other week or so.

The episodes in the second half of season one are as follows (with the original airdates):

1-16 / 14 Jan 64 The Garden House
1-17 / 21 Jan 64 Come Watch Me Die
1-18 / 28 Jan 64 Where the Action Is
1-19 / 04 Feb 64 Search in a Windy City
1-20 / 11 Feb 64 Bloodline
1-21 / 18 Feb 64 Rat in a Corner
1-22 / 25 Feb 64 Angels Travel on Lonely Roads (1)
1-23 / 03 Mar 64 Angels Travel on Lonely Roads (2)
1-24 / 10 Mar 64 Flight from the Final Demon
1-25 / 17 Mar 64 Taps for a Dead War
1-26 / 24 Mar 64 Somebody to Remember
1-27 / 31 Mar 64 Never Stop Running
1-28 / 07 Apr 64 The Homecoming
1-29 / 14 Apr 64 Storm Center
1-30 / 21 Apr 64 The End Game

Harry

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I can't wait for Vol. 2, especially for "Search in a Windy City" (with the always impressive Pat Hingle) and "End Game", a funny take on the Samuel Beckett play.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Harry, I think it would be a tad easier for me to just become a total gym rat and add 15 pounds of muscle mass next year...!

Out of curiosity, how closely would you say the reviewer scores for the episodes to the second half of S1 are over at tv.com?

http://www.tv.com/the-fugitive-1963/...=tabs;episodes

Looking at the first half, the ratings are generally in agreement with mine with the exception of "Glass Tightrope" (rated too high) and "Never Wave Goodbye" (rated too low).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I know you didn't ask me, Michael. But mind if I share my thoughts on the ratings for the second half of Season 1 as they are given at TV.com?

GARDEN HOUSE - maybe just a point or two low. But no real argument from me on that one.
COME WATCH ME DIE - right on target.
WHERE THE ACTION IS - a good bit too high, especially in light of what follows.
SEARCH IN A WINDY CITY - too low. Has to be in the 9.something range.
BLOODLINE - about right. I liked it more than some may, but the score seems correct.
RAT IN A CORNER - maybe a tad high for me.
ANGELS 1 - a tad low. I'd go high 7's.
ANGELS 2 - again, a tad low. High 7's or low 8's for me.
FLIGHT - great episode, probably about right.
TAPS - a tad high for me. Good episode, but not worthy of high 8's.
SOMEBODY - definitely right on.
NEVER STOP RUNNING - probably about right.
HOMECOMING - same as above. Good episode deserving of an 8.
STORM CENTER - probably about right. This one never stuck out to me as a great episode, so 7 seems fair.
END GAME - very good episode, but I'd go for a high 8 rather than a 9.

Just my two cents. And btw, let's all remember that we have folks reading this thread who don't want to be spoiled at all - so everyone please be careful about giving away too much when we talk about these episodes.

And for those that don't want to be spoiled, I'd suggest you stay away from the TV.com episode descriptions.

Gary "getting excited about volume 2 already" O.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Thanks, Gary. Looks as though the second half of the season is about as strong as the first with some exceptionally strong entries here and there. And yes, glancing again I see just how much detail is provided in the episode synopses--sorry about that.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Overall, I tend to agree with GaryOS on his appraisals versus the TV.com consensuses. For the Angels two parter though, I think the number should be in the 9's. The touches of light comedy presented in these two episodes as part of this intensely dramatic series are priceless. When you get the set, view the two-parter together as one two-hour episode. I think it plays better that way.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks