What's new

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian
THE FRISCO KID is one of those HBO repeaters some recall fondly (I saw ZORRO THE GAY BLADE every showing but I knew it wasn't quite good -- that endeth George Hamilton's film satire career) but I've never been able to sit through it and I worship Wilder. I get interest or nostalgia for TFK over something truly bad like UNDER THE RAINBOW, which I excitedly watched on its HBO premiere and was shocked a Chevy Chase studio comedy could be so bad and unfunny (except for the dog-window scene which is the sole funny moment in the whole thing).

I was a harsh but fair critic in high school: I panned FOOTLOOSE in the school paper to the good natured anger of classmates (they did appreciate that I praised Chris Penn) and thought FLASHDANCE was the first movie I saw in a theater without a plot. It just started and ended. Like a video. I was the only one laughing. Don't get me started on TOP GUN. I always enjoyed John Hughes for coming the closet to my generation and his under-rated meta-style but even in 1986 I thought his films were Nat Lampoon white privilege (my friends groaned when I said I didn't give a shit about a spoiled kid like Ferris with a Synclavier, etc.). But I watched PANDEMONIUM every time on HBO just to laugh at Paul Reubens and some of the dumb gags. So what do I know?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Wish ‘Start The Revolution Without Me’ could find its way to a high-def release. Gene Wilder was great in that film
Yup, that's the Wilder I want! It was the first DVD I ever imported (in the old Warner cardboard case), I viewed a couple of weeks ago & enjoyed it just as much as when I first saw it at Christmas time 1970.

Anyway, back to The Frisco Kid which I've never seen or fancied seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C2evo22
Recent bookmarks