What's new

3D The French Line (1 Viewer)

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I thought fans of vintage 3-D might be interested in this post by the Warner Archive Collection at their Facebook page. :)
Warner Archive Collection We have a snazzy new master of one irreistible Russell epic that will be making its DVD debut in a few months. We won't go near THE FRENCH LINE, in the hopes that it will have another shot at infamy as a restored 3D Blu-ray from WHV. To release it in 2D now that the technology exists for a 3D presentation would ostensibly be, dare we say, "looking for trouble" :)
Yesterday at 9:28am

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Oh no, they mentioned the song "Looking for Trouble" from the finale so I mentioned the song J.R. sang while taking her bath.
7c40f8ec_French.jpeg

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Ah, thank you. I haven't seen this movie so I didn't get the reference. Wonderful lobby card! ;) Jane is always delectable. :) She looks like Esther Williams' sister in that bubble bath and head wrap! ;)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As I recall, the songs for this and Gentlemen Marry Brunettes are not top drawer, but naturally I'd pay good money to see The French Line in 3D. I never have, only 2D on TV, and that was quite some time ago.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
MattH. said:
As I recall, the songs for this and Gentlemen Marry Brunettes are not top drawer, but naturally I'd pay good money to see The French Line in 3D. I never have, only 2D on TV, and that was quite some time ago.
You recall correctly. The songs are not very good but if The French Line comes out on a 3D BRD, I'll buy a 3D projector and trade in my current one. I'll even buy glasses. Jane Russell in 3D!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
They've established before that every 50s 3-D title they own is on the backburner in hopes it can use those features to take advantage of the growing popularity of 3-D television and home video. Dial M for Murder has been confirmed as the first 3-D release by WHV with House of Wax as a likely follow-up. Success in the is venture pretty much rides on how well those sell, and its not a stretch to imagine that those two as big sellers.
I'm thinking the RKO 3-D features such as The French Line, Second Chance, and Son of Sinbad won't get released until more well-known 3-D titles try their luck first, so it seems like a pretty distant possibility with this one. But at least there's hope.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Jesse Skeen /t/321534/the-french-line#post_3939351
I'll buy any classic 3D title that comes out first just to show there's demand for more!

Absolutely! If they'll do their part, I'll do my part.

RKR1970

Agent
Real Name
Richard Karl Ryan
If it comes out in 2D on Warner Archive release, I would still like to have both version of Jane's last number on the disc! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks